Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: converting 1.7 d-jet to 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
just when i think i have all the parts needed. it just hit me the 2.0 plenum is different. the sensor package should be the same, right (d-jet)? the book states the same computor is used in 73 for a 1.7 and 2.0. i know this swap isnt out of the ordinary so what can the experianced tell me about this upcoming step?

mike
ptravnic
QUOTE(orange914 @ Aug 3 2007, 12:34 AM) *

just when i think i have all the parts needed. it just hit me the 2.0 plenum is different. the sensor package should be the same, right (d-jet)? the book states the same computor is used in 73 for a 1.7 and 2.0. i know this swap isnt out of the ordinary so what can the experianced tell me about this upcoming step?

mike

injectors are different,
intake manifolds are different
mps is different
head temp sensor is different (can be adjusted w/resistors)

There might be more but that's what comes to me off the top of my head. Plus, you're going with a 2056 (96mm KB's right?) whereas the 2.0L FI was set to operate on a 1971cc engine - the difference, although not monumental is still ~ a 5% increase in size and will make a difference when trying to bolt on a 2.0L FI setup.

You can get your 2056 to run w/the 1.7L FI but you won't be happy w/the full TPM range. Ask me now I know... headbang.gif

-pt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.