Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anybody seen or even used these adjustable pushrods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
i understand the inportance of dialing in the pushrod length and buying/building acordingly. i've never seen a whole adjustable set used perminately. this sounds crazy

mike
Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
Are those pushrods, or pushrod tubes? They look a little short (or a little wide) to be pushrods... The collapsable tubes can be a real godsend on the Type I (and the 911!) engines, where you have to remove the cylinder head to change the seals on the end of the tube.

--DD
Twystd1
Yes I have used them.

On Harleys.

CCC
Jake Raby
Totally incompatible with the TIV engine. The TIV has a design that allows the tubes to pass through the head being sealed with an O ring design.
DNHunt
Those look just like the Type 1 pushrod tubes we got for my son's bug.

Dave
Cap'n Krusty
Not only are they T1 (or maybe 356) adjustable pushrod tubes, they're of the type we refer to as "leakers". As they're of fixed length after installation, they don't allow for thermal expansion, which is a real problem with T1 and 356 engines. The good ones, if there is such a thing, are spring loaded. Been there, seen that ....... The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.