Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I am a sick sick Man! REVISED: I am a smart smart man
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Click to view attachment What the heck is wrong with me. I've got my 74 2.0 on the road after a year on stands. I just bought a 71 roller last week. Now I bought 3 more 914's. Another 74 2.0 that has been sitting outside for a few years(most likely plenty of rust there). Also a 72 complete but probably rusty also. Then a 73 Orange 1.7 daily driver. It's had a respray but is pretty nice. Battery tray is gone but hell hole is okay. I'm figuring to sell my current Silver 74 2.0 & the 71 roller. The 73 1.7 will be my daily driver & parts runner. I'm not sure what I'm doing with the other till I have had a chance to check them out thouroughly. Here is a few pics
highways
smilie_flagge6.gif
watsonrx13
Yep, you're a sick man.... rolleyes.gif Sounds and looks like my stash. I just finished a 2 yr project on my red '74 2.0. I'm 60% finished with another red '74 2.0 and I have (2) rollers still to work on. Hopefully I'll get all of them back on the road, eventually... blink.gif

-- Rob
rhodyguy
the neighbors see you drive in with another car on the trailer and say to themselves "he seemed so normal when they moved in". get back on your meds jamie. wink.gif

k
davep
That is pretty normal for a guy or gal with a 914 addiction.
Just be sure to add in all the data to the VIN list. Engine & tranny #'s in the comments.
JRust
I'll try to remember to add that to my account. I gotta admit this will be the most I have had at once. I've had 3 a couple different times but??? My wife is a great woman I gotta say
dinomium
three is normal, four is pushing and 5 is psycosis!
wink.gif
davep
I've been down to two for a while, no wonder I don't feel well. I'll have to find 3 more to get back to my normal psychotic self.
rhodyguy
btw. i'm at 5 too. but i'm back on my meds and in control...now.

k
JPB
Dude man, I love you man! Your like my new idol. I likes the way you think other than the selling the ones you already have thing. This desrves a toast from a Highlife man to another!! CHEARS!!! beer.gif
Johny Blackstain
Who's your dealer, junkie? I need a fix laugh.gif
JPB
Johnny Bee I love you to man. I have love to fill the world man, I have the love! My dealer is Walmart them evil bastards, they keep selling me beer on weekends!! Why are they on my way home man; must be strategery or sumtin. Maybe its the beer gremlins or sumtin. beer.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(JPB @ Aug 3 2007, 09:38 PM) *

Johnny Bee I love you to man. I have love to fill the world man, I have the love! My dealer is Walmart them evil bastards, they keep selling me beer on weekends!! Why are they on my way home man; must be strategery or sumtin. Maybe its the beer gremlins or sumtin. beer.gif

Try good Polish "potato" vodka instead... your liver & hangover will thank you biggrin.gif
:vodka!:
JRust
WEll I have my rig all loaded & the trailer hooked up. Leaving tommorow around 5:30 dry.gif to drive the 3+ hours to pick up my cars. Anyone traveling on the I5 interstate might just see my little mini 914 caravan. I'm flippin stoked boldblue.gif Hope I can fall asleep at a decent hour
boxstr
Jamie Stop by CAMP on your way to pickup your 914s.
What is that hulk up in front of the grape colored 914 next to the building.
Oh I sent a fellow over to buy the silver car from you. Don't fuck around and call me in a couple of months and ask for the guys phone number so you can call him back because you didn't sell it to him when you had the chance. I kno wyou to well.
I hope to BBQ is a good one.
CCLINCAMP
JRust
I'm heading south not north. I talked to greg a few times this week. He did come by tonight to talk. We'll see if he's realy interested. I'm not finished with it yet but close. I'd be better off selling it completed than selling it without the drivetrain. I been working to hard to get it all in. I'd rather finish it I think. But who knows??? You ought to come down for BBQ if you are around Craig
rhodyguy
imagine how craig talks to people that actually work for him! just post the guys # craig. i'll sell him the 75'. jamie, you should drive up to the swapmeet tomorrow. leave everything loaded up. green or blue tarps?

k
JRust
Got back with my new 914's. Thanks to help from computers4kids (Mark). Good score. The 73 1.7 Pumkin runs out pretty good. It's grown on me too. I wasn't a big fan of orange before. By the time I got home I had changed my mind. Also big bonus was a Brand new still in the plastic TARGA SEAL. I actually hugged it & held it close. Also on the 74 roller are 5 fuchs. Along with a few nice bumpers. I can't open the trunks but there are some parts in there. Here are a few pics. Much better than I expected overall.
914Sixer
Last time I bought 2 cars at a time my wife said I was very sick also. Your score was alot nicer than what I picked up. thumb3d.gif
JPB
Wow, I'm jealous. Sweet score bro. beer.gif
JRust
I've got a ton of work to do on them. The 74 silver roller was a 2.0 & I did get the engine but it needs rebuilt. It also has the worst rust of the 2 rollers. Not sure how bad the longs are but there rust is in them sad.gif . Parts car most likely???

I'm a little more optimistic on the red 72 but not much. The doors won't close & have been sitting partially open for a few years. It has a very cool interior in it although it is filthy & a little on the green side(moss). I'm hoping it will clean up & be usable still. It supposedly sucked a valve & was parked then. It also has a killer am radio with a 8 track aktion035.gif . I'm sure that will pull alot on ebay idea.gif Also a parts car probably???

The 73 1.7 actually runs pretty good. It made the 3 hour drive home without a problem. Which is probably more than I can say for my 74 2.0 current driver. I wouldn't trust it that far. I think I am going to keep this one. IT was meant to be with the Orange. I live in Corvallis Oregon home of the OSU Beavers (Orange & black). The dash is pretty cracked up & I'll be buying a cap for it. I have one dash that is pretty nice out of one of the rollers so who knows.
JPB
Lots of work for sure. Like DR. Evil has mentioned many times, we on the east coast keep scrappers on the road for lack of rust free cars. I've seen some cool NC cars go for decent change here so thats where my eyes are at lately. Thanks for trying to shake my jealousy off but didn't work. beer.gif
Lou W
Hey Jaime, Awesome find with those three cars and a Targa Seal clap56.gif

Thanks for the invite, the bbq and the chance to meet you your family, Mark and Coy and his family, what a great group of people. You have an awesome house and shop setup. Thanks again smile.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(dinomium @ Aug 3 2007, 11:54 AM) *

three is normal, four is pushing and 5 is psycosis!
wink.gif

I have 6 in my backyard and another one on the way.
Coy
Jamie,

Thanks for the great Bar-B-Q! Great score on all that stuff! It was great to meet Lou and always cool to see Mark!
JRust
I burned a couple of dogs but other than that it was ohhhhtay! Company was great & it was great meeting you Lou. Glad you made the drive up.

I am about to take the orange car for a drive. My first as my bro-in-law drove it home yesterday. YIPEE

Oh & I guess I should say I'm a lucky lucky man. Smart is pushing the envelope a bit.
JPB
Luck is a mathematical equation:

Luck= opportunity+preparedness

You were ready and it happened so you pounced. The smart part, thats you doing the pounce thing. Just for the record, anyone else's opinion really doesen't matter except mine; who ever that might be. beer.gif

Most of us are 50% lucky because we often are a buck short on all the deals that come our ways. Thats a positive way to look at life. Preparedness is the hardest thing most folks don't grasp. So if we are 50% lucky most of the time and are 25% prepared, then we have a decent luck ratio of about 1:.75. Thats even more positive. If most of us operate on 75% of our usual monthly budget by streamlining, we would all have 6s and then we can start a 914-6 club. Just speaking from hypocarcy here.
computers4kids
Jamie, Lou, and Coy & families...it was great to spend time with you and a great BBQ to boot! jsharp.gif Jaimie...great score on the cars, I can't believe you didn't mention the set of 2.0 stainless exhchangers in the box or the new 043 mps or that what look like new AAR valve...hopefully that wasn't a secret! Big thanks to you and your wife for opening your home and providing a homeless 914 owner room and board. PS Please thank your son for giving up his room for the night!

I made it to Redding, CA today with the ugly duckling in tow. Your 914 sickness must be rubbing off. I'm sitting here in Denny's in Redding looking at the want ads trash paper for 914s--I'm sick. I'll have to post a few pictures on a new thread when I think no one on the board will see them.

I'm looking forward to getting home and installing a few toys on my 74 that I had ordered while on my 5 week RV trip through WA and Oregon--especially, the near perfect rear roll bar bad that I picked up...IT'S BEAUTIFUL! I've been looking for a couple years for one that nice.

Thanks again,
Mark
JRust
Mark bite your tongue! That was a secret piratenanner.gif Glad you made it to redding without any trouble. It was a pleasure to have you in our home. You are welcome anytime.
I moved some 914's around today. Look how many fit in my shop aktion035.gif
type47
it looks like you have some room for another one in that floor space in front of the silver one biggrin.gif
Coy
That's awsome! Did you drive the orange one Sunday?
computers4kids
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 5 2007, 10:30 PM) *

Mark bite your tongue! That was a secret piratenanner.gif Glad you made it to redding without any trouble. It was a pleasure to have you in our home. You are welcome anytime.
I moved some 914's around today. Look how many fit in my shop aktion035.gif

I love it! Looks like your'e trying to catch-up with Craig. Any luck getting in to the trunks or engine compartments?
JRust
Revised again! SO I have a guy come look at my current stock of 5 914's. I end up selling him my nice silver 2.0 I've been working on for a year. Kicker is he is going electric. SO I went over yesterday & pulled my good engine. Kinda sucked as I didn't plan on selling that car. I still have a 73 1.7 runner to drive though. Next thing I know I'm on the phone with a lady who has a 74 that has been sitting in her garage for the last 8 years. Drove it in the garage & it ran fine. Won't start now of course but I figure I can get it running no problem. It has been stored inside so that is a huge bonus. I ask alot of questions on the phone & she walks around the car telling me what I ask. Both trunks perfect no rust under the car on the pans. Battery tray completely intact but a little surface rust. Couple weird things. It is supposedly a 1.7 FI car. I was under the impression in 74 started with the 1.8? It also has a center console with gages. So a few things seem odd but she wants it gone. She says it needs to be towed as it won't start. Bottom line I bought it for $1200 over the phone sight unseen. The interior is supposed to be perfect except the dash is cracked (big surprise). Well I guess we'll see tommorow when I go pick it up if I blew it! I'll post some pics then
Lou W
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 12 2007, 10:11 PM) *

Revised again! SO I have a guy come look at my current stock of 5 914's. I end up selling him my nice silver 2.0 I've been working on for a year. Kicker is he is going electric. SO I went over yesterday & pulled my good engine. Kinda sucked as I didn't plan on selling that car. I still have a 73 1.7 runner to drive though. Next thing I know I'm on the phone with a lady who has a 74 that has been sitting in her garage for the last 8 years. Drove it in the garage & it ran fine. Won't start now of course but I figure I can get it running no problem. It has been stored inside so that is a huge bonus. I ask alot of questions on the phone & she walks around the car telling me what I ask. Both trunks perfect no rust under the car on the pans. Battery tray completely intact but a little surface rust. Couple weird things. It is supposedly a 1.7 FI car. I was under the impression in 74 started with the 1.8? It also has a center console with gages. So a few things seem odd but she wants it gone. She says it needs to be towed as it won't start. Bottom line I bought it for $1200 over the phone sight unseen. The interior is supposed to be perfect except the dash is cracked (big surprise). Well I guess we'll see tommorow when I go pick it up if I blew it! I'll post some pics then

popcorn[1].gif
rhodyguy
you're going to be busy. start collecting boxes now.

k
computers4kids
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 12 2007, 10:11 PM) *

YOU'RE SICK
JRust
Pics of my 74 1.8! It is very solid with one dent in the rear quarter. Otherwise she's a peach. The paint is old & there are a few chips with surface rust here & there. It was stored inside & all the seals are dang near perfect. Including the targa seal smile.gif The floor pans look great along with both trunks biggrin.gif . The battery tray is completely there with some suface rust around it. Best shape I've ever had as far as the tray & the surrounding area. I threw in my Optima battery, Checked the oil & tried to start it. Turned over fine but wouldn't fire. I'll get into that more later in the week. I'm afraid it will be a few days before I have much time. Anyway overall a great score happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.