Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where can I find these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BahnBrenner914
I need a few little things for the teener and I'm wondering the best place to get them. idea.gif

I need the heater hose (from Flappers to firewall) for both sides. Pelican has them for $28 new, anywhere cheaper, used, etc?

I also need a couple red key blanks. I got what I thought was two sets of keys from the PO, but were a correct red and black, and then another red and black that were both cut with the black/door pattern chair.gif . Pelican has the blanks for $14, again anywhere cheaper?

And where can I get the keys cut? cause mine (and I assume most or all) ignition key has a lot of tiny little "teeth" on it that my dad is convinced the local Home Depot can't reproduce.
hwgunner
Both the red and black keys should be cut for the same pattern. The red key is the valet key and has an extra groove in it that makes it not work in the glove box, front and rear trunk locks. It sounds like some of your locks may not be the same key. You should determine this first and then re-key so they are all the same. Re-keying is pretty easy and there is a real good thread by markb on this. As for the keys, I sell both red and black for $13.00 each and will ship up to 20 for $4.60. I have had great luck with the local hardware store for cutting keys, even with ones that very little definition. Make sure that you use the best key that works the locks. Again, you can cut with the red or the black key as long as they are the right key because the difference is a groove in the red key not the way it is cut.
McMark
NAPA has pre-heater hose that works great for the flapper to heater tube. Measure the tubes on your car/flapper (2" or 2 1/8" , something like that) and go to your local NAPA and ask for that diameter pre-heater hose (normally used to route warm air from the exhaust area to the carburetors on older american cars). It's either a paper or fiberglass tube with an aluminum liner. If they can't find it, tell them to look in their Balkamp book.
McMark
Ahh, here's the info.
eg914
I bought heater hose from Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co. Buy the orange SCAT tubing, I think it was 2.5" diameter (verify before you order). This is a tad loose, but hose clamps tighten up just fine. I can't remember how much I paid, but it was a lot less than the usual mail order places. It worked great this last winter, lots of heat and defrost actually worked!
v82go
For key blanks: type in "porsche key blank" on ebay= $5.95 and up

Bob
Grelber
If you don't want to wait on ebay, I got mine at the local Porsche dealer. $8.95 each and they cut them for free.
Bartlett 914
Are you going to Garolds Tomorrow? I have some hose I purchased from McMaster Carr. It is a little stiffer but works fine. I can bring you enough for both sides for the high price of $0. Let me know it I should bring some.
BahnBrenner914
Thanks for the imput. I'm leaving on my summer roadathon and wont be back in washington with the teener until Christmas probably, but I'll pass this on to my dad who will be doing the little jobs and driving the teener so it gets some exercise while i'm gone. thumb3d.gif
rhodyguy
locally, try williams oil filter service. in tacoma on puyallup ave. do you have an old one to take in to match it up? w.o.f.s. has high pressure fuel line at very reasonable prices too. i shop there quite often.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.