Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: general heating system installation question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pba110
hey,
some quick questions because my heating system has been completely removed:

1. where is the warm air blower supposed to be located? engine bay above the carb/fuel injector?

2.if so, where does it mount and where would i locate the wires which supply it with electrical power and control? i found the hole in the floor of the engine bay for the ducting on the drivers side, but where is the hole for the passenger's side ducting?

3. the warm air from the HE's flows into the cabin under the engine bay correct? it's routed to the blowers in the front of the car?

4. the blowers in the front of the car are mounted behind the gas tank? to access them/work on them you have to remove the fuel tank?

5. if sliding the top vent/blower control (in the cabin) back and forth results in no air movement i've either blown a fuse or the blowers are done...which is more likely? all the fuses under the dash seem to be intact. PO said the blowers were working.

pretty confused withe some basic stuff here so
your expertise on the matter is greatly appreciated!
thanks!
rhodyguy
1. early, dual outlet engine bay fans mount on the impellor shrould. there should be a bracket welded on the driver's side engine shelve for the late, single outlet fan.

2. there should be a connector with 1 green and 1 brown wire coming off of the relay board for the aux heater fan. the j-tube hole for the pass side is in the pass side engine tin. the j-tube maybe capped off.

3. yes the warm air is ducted to the interior. no, the fresh air fan is in the housing behind the fuel tank. it does not provide heated air.

4. yes. clean the inside of tank while it's out.

5. if you take out the ashtray, you can see the contacts for powering the fresh air fan. clean them and the fan may start working.

k
markb
The green wire from the relay board connects to a yellow wire on the heater blower. Strange, but true of most cars I've worked on.
pba110
awesome,
thanks for the info guys. any way to tell if a relay is blown? i took a look at the one by the driverside fuse box...anyway, i'm feeling pretty good about getting everything hooked up now, but i can't seem to figure out why the fresh air blower isn't working...tab told me that the blower was working so i'm assuming that a fuse or relay or something is blown. any suggestions?
ejm
Heater blower sits on this bracket
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.