Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please Help Me Identify This Part...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kfieler
Click to view attachment

I pulled the turn signal and wiper switch assembly from my 1973 914 1.7 - in order to replace a defective ignition switch. When I took the assembly to the bench for examination and cleaning, the above part fell-out. headbang.gif

Sorry I didn't photograph the part "to scale" - but for reference, it is only a little over .25" long and looks like a possible electrical contact. I don't know if it belongs inside the wiper switch assy. or the signal switch assy.

Any help anyone could afford would be great... as I would HATE to put the steering column back together with leftover parts! icon8.gif

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR HELPING A "NEWBIE!"
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(kfieler @ Aug 3 2007, 10:10 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I pulled the turn signal and wiper switch assembly from my 1973 914 1.7 - in order to replace a defective ignition switch. When I took the assembly to the bench for examination and cleaning, the above part fell-out. headbang.gif

Sorry I didn't photograph the part "to scale" - but for reference, it is only a little over .25" long and looks like a possible electrical contact. I don't know if it belongs inside the wiper switch assy. or the signal switch assy.

Any help anyone could afford would be great... as I would HATE to put the steering column back together with leftover parts! icon8.gif

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR HELPING A "NEWBIE!"

that is the piece for the wiper switch
kfieler
George:

Thank you so much for your response. Now that I know the part it is for the wiper switch, I'll take a closer look at that assy. and try to figure-out exactly where it goes. I really appreciate the tip!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.