Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Party Wednesday the 8th In Huntington Beach
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Got 2 visitors coming to town from Tennessee and we could show him how much fun we can be. Surf City Road House in Huntington Beach will let us take run of their place and make a special menu for us and it's a bar to boot! I wanted to find out how many would be interested in attending, bring your car or the family cruiser and let's have some fun. Reply here if you would be interested. I know it is short notice, but it's not everyday we get a Midwest visitor here, is it?

Surf City Roadhouse
5932 Warner Ave.
Huntington Beach, CA.

It's in the same center as the 24Hr Fitness center

6PM till whenever
914rrr
Wow, we're honored!! pray.gif

I'll be waaaaaay up in Chatsworth on the 8th. How long of a drive is that to Huntington Beach after 5PM? Are we talking a couple of hours or ?

skline
Chatsworth to HB at 5? How many will be in your car? If you can take the carpool lane, you could do it in two hours. Otherwise, good luck.
Cap'n Krusty
Before you let the guy off the plane, make sure he has a return ticket ........... The Cap'n
Brando
You're so sly Krusty one...

Skliney, I'll make it down if I have dinero.
Twystd1
Primarily because I feel sorry for Scott, I will show up and be the life of the party. Unless of course Elliot shows up. Then he can be the the life of the party. Then again... If Howard shows up... All bets are off.

Scott, I can't leave that poor Tennessian alone with you. He will never make it home. So I B dare.......

Have you posted this on NARP yet...??????

Cheers,
Claytonovich

PS: Don't let Brando come. He will be on his cell phone the whole time.
As the Inland Empire Transexual Symposium is in town. Heeee Heeee
skline
Yup, posted on both forums smile.gif
JC 914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif beer.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif HOLY SMOKES!!! Possibly multiple TENNESSEEANS in the GOLDEN STATE at the same time!!!!! How far from Long Beach???

P.S. What part of Tennessee is this lucky person from??

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
skline
QUOTE(JC 914 @ Aug 3 2007, 01:34 PM) *

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif beer.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif HOLY SMOKES!!! Possibly multiple TENNESSEEANS in the GOLDEN STATE at the same time!!!!! How far from Long Beach???

Long Beach is about 10 or 15 minutes away. 405 south to Springdale and go south to Warner and it's on the right side in the corner of a strip mall by the Fitness center.
jim_hoyland
piratenanner.gif Sprindale and Warner--thats like 2 minutes from me--I won't even need the AAA card for this one.

skline
icon_bump.gif I want to try to keep this up near the top so interested people will reply and I can get a head count.
Aaron Cox
wednesdays blow for me sad.gif

mondays? thurs? fri?
914rrr
QUOTE(914rrr @ Aug 3 2007, 02:34 PM) *

Wow, we're honored!! pray.gif

I'll be waaaaaay up in Chatsworth on the 8th. How long of a drive is that to Huntington Beach after 5PM? Are we talking a couple of hours or ?

What time are we talking about meeting at the restaurant? I was thinking about 7PM or later to make sure I make it down there on time.
914rrr
QUOTE(JC 914 @ Aug 3 2007, 05:34 PM) *

Hi Terry, this is Rob in Clinton, TN. We spoke on the phone last week regarding your 2.0 TB question. Are you going to be in LA next week also?

Rob & Nel
Crazyhippy
Bastards!!! 5:00 traffic from The valley down... Yeah right!!

I'll leave here @ 4 and see you at midnight.
skline
QUOTE(Crazyhippy @ Aug 5 2007, 08:20 PM) *

Bastards!!! 5:00 traffic from The valley down... Yeah right!!

I'll leave here @ 4 and see you at midnight.

It's not that bad, I drive limos from LAX to south county alone and it only takes about an hour to an hour and a half. It looks worse than it really is. Traffic breaks up after the 710 and then more after the 605. confused24.gif
Brando
I dread heading to Huntington from my place at that hour. I don't think I'd make it down there until 9PM, and if that's the case I might as well head down at 8PM and get to the OC at 9:30ish...
skline
Or you could head out earlier and spend some quality time here fixing something on your car.

I would say this is on for sure, I really wanted to get a head count so I could pass it on to the owner of the place. Since not too many appear to be posting up that they are coming, I will just leave the menu open for whatever.

I have had their food, if we had a solid number, we could have Prime Rib, or BBQ brisket or something along those lines, which by the way, are not on their normal menu.
JC 914
QUOTE(914rrr @ Aug 5 2007, 11:32 PM) *

QUOTE(JC 914 @ Aug 3 2007, 05:34 PM) *

Hi Terry, this is Rob in Clinton, TN. We spoke on the phone last week regarding your 2.0 TB question. Are you going to be in LA next week also?

Rob & Nel

Hey Rob & Nel,
First of all, sorry I missed the cookout & drive ( BTW great pics!)
Thought I was going to be in Long Beach, but plans got changed!! Looks like I may be going to Castro Valley, but not until next month! headbang.gif headbang.gif
Twystd1
This oughta be fun Scott.....

Good call.... And this gathering comes at a good time...

I B there in spades....

Claytonovich
914rrr
Hi,

This is Rob's wife. It is so cool that the Porsche enthusiasts from LA will get a dinner together for us all to meet up! We moved to Tennessee from Florida about 2 years ago, and have been really disappointed in the local club. Maybe this will talk my hubby into moving to California! (Yes, I have worked in California, and I love it there!).

We will be leaving tomorrow morning for LA, and will not have internet access for a couple of days.

Anyone wanting to contact us, just call 727-483-0260 (rob) or 727-204-6806 (nel).

Thanks again! We hope to see you on Wednesday!
Nel
skline
Great! We will see you there then. Anyone and everyone local, come on out and show them how we do it. Things should start up around 6 or 7 and go till whenever everyone goes home.

The address is 5932 Warner Ave. Huntington Beach, CA. It's by the 24 hour fitness center.

914rrr
We have it marked on the map for our end destination to be Huntington Beach.

Thanks!
Nel
Twystd1
Scotty... If Brando shows up in that G string under his clown suit again...

Well.....

AAArrrGGghhhhhhh.....

Please have a chat with him about that...

Thanks.

Twystd1
Brando
I already decided on my b-day suit... So tough luck on the g-string.
skline
QUOTE(Brando @ Aug 6 2007, 10:07 PM) *

I already decided on my b-day suit... So tough luck on the g-string.

This is a family gathering, keep it acceptable for all ages Brandon, please!

And Clayton, don't encourage him......
skline
icon_bump.gif Since this is tomorrow evening I figured I would bump it to keep it up near the top.
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif
skline
One more bump icon_bump.gif

See everyone who is coming tonight, I will post up pictures tomorrow in a new thread.
Elliot Cannon
I'll be picking up THOMAS at his shop around 5:30 and we'll both be there.
Elliot
Twystd1
I will be there at 7:00 PM.

Am looking forward to the food and the folks...!!!!!!!

Clayton
skline
Not a bad turn out for short notice.

The guests of honor: Rob and Nel from Tennessee
A surprise out of towner: Joe O'Brien
Joe & Cherry Buckle and kids
Joe Sharp
Elliot
Richard
Clayton
/L Linda
Thomas
Me
Jim Hoyland
and one other guy but I forgot his name

I will post what pictures I took tomorrow, they are on my phone so I am not sure how well they came out. It is a 2MP camera phone but no flash. We will see.

They gave us a 10% discount on our orders, it was cool. Nice little place.
Brando
Sorry I couldn't make it. No monies and my phone's shutoff.

Maybe next week we'll have In N Out in the OC...
914rrr
Good Morning!

Well, after delays in LA and Atlanta, we finally made it home late last night. Rob and I want to thank the 914 crowd that got together on a Wednesday night to welcome us to California! We had a great time! Now, if I can only transplant all of you to my area, then I would be one happy chick!

It only took us about 1 1/2 hours to get to Long Beach in rush hour traffic from Chatsworth. It was not as bad as we thought. I do have to say, that I did not take the words from the AAA book "driving on the freeway in LA is not for the faint of heart" seriously....until I actually was on the freeway!!! I thought I had seen everything, but obviously I was not prepared. Now it seems boring driving in Tennessee.

I have attached some pics. Clayton, Rob thanks you for the muffler. It made it through airport security with no problems. Please PM your address to me or email me at 914rrr@comcast.net.

We did get a chance to see a 914 that was for sale outside of Thousand Oaks. We actually made the guy an offer, but he passed...so it will not join our 914 family.

Again, Thanks to all the gang that came out on Wednesday! We will be back in LA in about 4 months, so maybe we can do that barbeque!

Take care!
Nel

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914rrr
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.