Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lubro Moly MotorClean Engine Treatment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Was thinking of using this before i switch my car over to the brad penn oil. found a local distributor. Thanks for the research on the oil's guys.

"Lubro Moly MotorClean Engine Treatment. Scrubs and cleans the engine from inside. The highly effective detergent additives loosen sludge and lacquer deposits and keep solid and liquid contaminants in suspension. At the oil change they are drained out with the used oil. After an oil change thus prepared, the fresh oil develops its full potential: the engine regains its full power. It runs with less wear. The exhaust gas performance is improved. Oil starvation is prevented."

Was wondering if anyone has any experience with this product or if there are any con's to using it.

Thanks.
cnavarro
EDIT: I wasn't thinking. I thought you were asking about Lubro Moly's fuel system cleaner. That said, I'm sure it's fine to use and as good as techron, redline SI-1, swepco fuel improver, or any real high end fuel system cleaner. Mercedes guys swear by the stuff i've heard...

If an engine has been properly maintained with regular oil changes, I don't think it's really necessary to use an oil additive prior to an oil change to clean things out. I'm pretty sure that using any of the commercially available BG, etc engine flush products would net the same effect. If it was me, I wouldn't run that stuff too long, then I would change the oil, then do it one more time shortly thereafter, just to make sure all the flush product is out of the engine.
brer
I used it on my Diesel benz and drained 5 quarts of really appetizing looking gravy.

w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.