Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Optima Battery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
whitey
Which is the correct Optima battery to purchase?

Thanks, Dave
swl
lots of threads on "+which +optima".

This one seems to be the generally accepted answer.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=70181
orthobiz
smg914 posted the following:

"I though this was pretty well known on this site but I'll repeat.......

if you decide on the Red top, order the 34R. The 34R has the terminals in the correct position for the 914. NSN: 6140 01 475 9357

I'm also told that a lot of people use the group 78 adapter to secure the battery to the tray."

The adapter is key; the metal one that comes with the car doesn't quite fit the tray correctly.

Paul
davesprinkle
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Aug 4 2007, 07:22 PM) *

smg914 posted the following:

"I though this was pretty well known on this site but I'll repeat.......

if you decide on the Red top, order the 34R. The 34R has the terminals in the correct position for the 914. NSN: 6140 01 475 9357

I'm also told that a lot of people use the group 78 adapter to secure the battery to the tray."

The adapter is key; the metal one that comes with the car doesn't quite fit the tray correctly.

Paul

Actually, if you use a Group 65 adapter on both side of the battery, it works perfectly with the stock hold-down clamp. Check out the pics in the thread mentioned above. Conveniently, the Group 65 adapters are included with the battery.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.