Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Information on 2.0 Rod bearings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
muddboy
Was perusing the bearing catalog at work (I do that when I'm bored). I try to find combo's to use and odd spec's for different projects I have. I ran across something I thought might be of interest to us. Looks like with a small modification to the rod tangs, we can substitute a Clevite "H" performance bearing for the stock ones. This is all I use at work (performance bearings at least), and can say how much more stable and better they are over stock replacement bearings.

I don't know if this has been tried before, the listing of this bearing is a newer one and was not in my previous version of the catalog.

Let me know what you think? or if its been done... whatever...

Bleyseng
I think Jake is having a batch made to order and is waiting for them .....
muddboy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 4 2007, 05:56 PM) *

I think Jake is having a batch made to order and is waiting for them .....

a batch of rods or a batch of bearings?
shaggy
you wouldnt have any bearings that are roller would you?

specifically main and rods.
and anything else in the engine.

i want to build a rollerized T4 but havent begun to look for components yet.
Jake Raby
Yes, our bearings are on the way but have not made it here yet for final test work...

The Dodge and Tyoyota bearings will work with a slight change to the big end hone and a crank polish, but these bearings also have their own challanges andI have experienced them.

The bearings we have had made are a tri metal design similar to the Clevite H bearing and they are absolute drop in replacements for the 2.0 journal which has always suffered from bi metal bearing deficiencies that were further compounded by the super small 50mm diameter.

We'll continue to favor the TI and Chevy bearings for our engines, even with these much better tri-metal bearings being available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.