Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: drove my 914 tonight -- after 11 years of effort
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davesprinkle
OK. It's 11:26PM. I'm sitting here in front of my computer keyboard, trying desperately to fend off the effects of 4 Thunderhead IPAs to get this anecdote typed. My fingers don't seem to work so well anymore -- I'm speculating that it's due to the hops in this beer.

Three weekends ago, as I was installing the interior in my car, I found the receipt for the last tank of gas that I put in it. June 16, 1996. 16 bucks. 11 gallons. San Antonio, Texas. That was before I took it apart for a 2 week paint job.

I drove it for the first time tonight. No fires, leaks, accidents. WHOO-HOO!
EdwardBlume
Congratulations! Just another 914 off jackstands. beerchug.gif
JPB
Wooohooo! beer.gif
EricM
Dude! $1.50 a Gal for gas? I miss 1996...

Cheers to your car, though.
So.Cal.914

"...it's still slow, ugly, noisy, and unrefined."

Yeah, gotta love em.

Congrats. driving.gif
markb
clap56.gif
watsonrx13
Congratulations, another teener back on the road.....

But ............... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

-- Rob
davesprinkle
OK, here's a couple of pics. Note the 11 year old Yokohama AVS tires. Yeah, with the primer overspray. Sweet. aktion035.gif
Eric_Shea
Cool car. Cool bike.
KELTY360
OK, so now show us the ugly one.
JPB
drooley.gif

Just want to remind everyone that this is not a real 914 at least for east coasters, it's a time capsule car. He's pulling a Buck Rogers on us here! beer.gif
cassidy_bolger
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Aug 5 2007, 01:52 PM) *

OK, here's a couple of pics. Note the 11 year old Yokohama AVS tires. Yeah, with the primer overspray. Sweet. aktion035.gif

Dave,

Very nice! I presume I will be seeing more of it since you will be using it as a daily driver now poke.gif

We must drag East Burnside.

smilie_pokal.gif
davesprinkle
QUOTE(cassidy_bolger @ Aug 5 2007, 10:04 PM) *

QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Aug 5 2007, 01:52 PM) *

Dave,

Very nice! I presume I will be seeing more of it since you will be using it as a daily driver now poke.gif

We must drag East Burnside.

smilie_pokal.gif

Indeed. I'll be driving it to work tomorrow morning. It's a shame your teener will be in the shop or we could drive the two of them to lunch.
Coy
Nice car! So that's what mine would look like with crome bumpers...

When Cassidy gets the Green one out of the shop I'll meet you two for lunch at Taco Delmar on MLK some time... biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
I prefer the $.95 gas of 1997 and 1998 to the $1.50 gas of 96.

But somehow I don't think that is what this thread is all about.

Awesome that it still runs after sitting so long. You would think that the battery would have died even if the gas did not turn into varnish in the lines.

Zach
cassidy_bolger
When Cassidy gets the Green one out of the shop I'll meet you two for lunch at Taco Delmar on MLK some time... biggrin.gif
[/quote]

sounds like a plan.

and thanks to you, Dave, for trying to get mu up and running again last week.

I will keep y'all posted.

davesprinkle
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 6 2007, 11:34 AM) *

I prefer the $.95 gas of 1997 and 1998 to the $1.50 gas of 96.

But somehow I don't think that is what this thread is all about.

Awesome that it still runs after sitting so long. You would think that the battery would have died even if the gas did not turn into varnish in the lines.

Zach

Funny you mention the gas and the battery, Zach. Yes, the gas was bad. And the battery was bad. And the fuel lines were bad. And the fuel pump was bad. And the carpet was bad. And the paint was bad. And the engine seals were bad. And the shift bushings were bad. Need I go on? But the 8-track player was good! I drove to work listening to the Bee Gees today. Get down!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.