Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is it normal that hot air is always blowing from my vents ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
levonfarra
on cold days its ok, but in the summer it is killing me.

thanks for your help.

Lev
Bartlett 914
Mine does a little. Your flappers may not be fully closed. It also may be that the gasket inside the flapper (flappers) could be damaged / gone.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(levonfarra @ Aug 4 2007, 02:19 PM) *

on cold days its ok, but in the summer it is killing me.

thanks for your help.

Lev

I find that my 911 blows hot air all the time when I have the AC on... So it must be normal. biggrin.gif Seriously, check to see if your cables have slipped and you still have it set on heat.
SGB
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Aug 4 2007, 10:30 PM) *

It also may be that the gasket inside the flapper (flappers) could be damaged / gone.

Thats my situation. Since I put on those SS heat exchanger It will melt your tennis shoes.... blink.gif
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(SGB @ Aug 4 2007, 10:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Aug 4 2007, 10:30 PM) *

It also may be that the gasket inside the flapper (flappers) could be damaged / gone.

Thats my situation. Since I put on those SS heat exchanger It will melt your tennis shoes.... blink.gif

Who says the 914 doesn't have good heat.
rhodyguy
prob the gaskets are shot or just plain gone in the valves. make sure the control wire (red knobed handle on center tunnel is pushed fully down) is not holding the valves partially open. to temper the 'constant heat', use the dash controls to direct the hot air to the defrost vents and mix with fresh unheated air. it will help alot and keep your feet cooler.

k
pba110
you could also just unhook the tubing in the front trunk and plug it with some post office shipping material (non flammable i believe) until winter comes back around...right?
rhodyguy
or just fix the problem.

k
JPB
I think the best way to fix your hot air problem is to take your exhaust off and get a set of headers. You don't drive it in the bad stuff now do you? happy11.gif
Brando
What material is the padding in the flapper boxes made from? Asbestos?

What would be a viable high-temp resistant material to repair them with? I have the same issue...
r_towle
remove the flexible hose that goes from the heater flapper boxes to the tube in the body.
It can be done without jacking the car up, with a flat screw driver.
Save the clamps and hose in the trunk, just in case you need it one cold morning.

All better.

Rich
Phoenix914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 5 2007, 08:55 PM) *

remove the flexible hose that goes from the heater flapper boxes to the tube in the body.
It can be done without jacking the car up, with a flat screw driver.
Save the clamps and hose in the trunk, just in case you need it one cold morning.

All better.

Rich

That's what I did. Those hoses are supposed to have clamps on them? idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.