Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power Windows for the Teener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
Curious has anyone done this, had any experiance with, and or installed?
Does it make a differeance or is it easier to do with early or late doors?
How bout any Pics of the paticular product or install?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Dec 18 2003, 09:35 AM)
Curious has anyone done this, had any experiance with, and or installed?

and posted to this very forum, not more than a week or two ago.

check the search feature, and probably the vendors' area ...
Brad Roberts
Its a friend of mine from Vegas (Chris9146..I think).. should be www.914resource.com or www.914turbo.com

B
Chris914n6
I've been doing them for a while. Listed here in the 914 Resources section.
The later doors have better window regulators but both work fine.

I have other switch mounting pics from customers I need to organize and upload.

Chris
kdfoust
Go to your local bookstore that's got a big magazine section. Pickup some of the old school style (I can't believe I'm calling it that) hot rod/street rod magazines. I mean the magazines for guys building T-Buckets and other custom hot rods. The hot rodders have the whole power window conversion scene dialed. A buddy of mine is planning to convert his early non PW SC to PW using original window inerds and super trick hot rodder switches that integrate into the window crank. It'll look original with the cranks, but the cranks will move +/- 15 degrees to operate the PW motors...cool.
rick 918-S
I used plastic track units from a late 80's early 90's Olds Cutlass/Chevy Celebrity in one of my BMW 2002's. These units are really cheap now.
scottb
along the electric window lines....

first time my then 3 year old daughter got into the teener, she looked at the window crank and said "what's that?" she had never been in a car without power windows... lol3.gif

if'n there are some pics of a finished product with the power windows on the teener, i might be interested in making the switch.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.