Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car security questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
I have been thinking about hooking up an alarm for the 914. These is what I want it to do.

1. I am not too interested in kill switches, because I am pretty sure I can handle that myself. I can put a switch on the battery, or in another place.
2. My main focus is people who like to screw with cars, rather than steal them. I work near a high school and there are a lot of punks that have in the past tampered with car.
3. I would like a system that alerts me when someone is near the car. I always park away from others in parking lots, so it would be suficient for me to have a system that pages me when someone is within 1-2 feet of the car. I think a motion detector would be an option, but I would want one that covers the whole car.

I know nothing abour alarms, the last one I cough was a Clifford back in '89. I have seen some with pagers now. Crutchfield sells these "CrimeGuard" units and I have also seen the "Cammando" brand. Is this doable? I don't want to buy an alarm and then find out it won't do what I am wanting it to do.
r_towle
look into motion activated cameras.
there are 12 volt ones, and a simple in car computer can handle the storage needs (google for car computers, cheap, yet rugged)

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.