Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drove around the block last night
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toomanyinkc
That's the furthest its moved under its own power in a decade or two. It spent years without an engine or trans and reportedly some time as the centerpiece of a local bar. I inherited it from a friend when his upcoming marriage prompted him to get rid of it.

Been hunting the oil leak that caught the car on fire last weekend. Tracked it to the valve cover (I think), searched the forums & tried all of the tricks except venting the head. The leak hasn't stopped, but it slowed enough that I went for a drive.

The carbs need to be adjusted and the shifting takes some getting used to and there is a nice frosting of rust on the brake rotors, but it felt great after three and a half months of working on the car! I swear a few of my neighbors even smiled and waved from their porches as I went by, but I may have been delirious with joy.

I'll get a license plate for it this week and take it for a real drive. And adjust/rebuild the carbs and replace the cut CV boot that I somehow *missed* when I had the axle out a few weeks ago. I'm not looking forward to taking anything apart that I just put together.

Fred
hwgunner
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif driving.gif driving.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
JPB
Don't let them know its a street legal go-cart driving around like a kid and all. beer.gif
904svo
If it was the passenger side, check the oil pressure sender, make sure it's not
loose. This will cause a oil leak that looks like it's coming from the valve cover.

Glad to see another 914 on the road again.
jonferns
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.