Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this clutch disc shot?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
Here is a clutch dis that came off a 2.0 that I got recently. In the pic you can see where somethign has been wearing, unevenly, on a couple of the center springs. Would you call this shot?? beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Aug 5 2007, 06:42 PM) *

Here is a clutch dis that came off a 2.0 that I got recently. In the pic you can see where somethign has been wearing, unevenly, on a couple of the center springs. Would you call this shot?? beerchug.gif

got a pic of the flywheel?
idea.gif Andy
hwgunner
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 5 2007, 07:48 PM) *

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Aug 5 2007, 06:42 PM) *

got a pic of the flywheel?
idea.gif Andy

Here are several pics of the rest of the stuff!!
hwgunner
ASDF
hwgunner
sadf
hwgunner
I ran my finger over all these and none have groovs just the little bit of rust that you see in the pics. My real question is should I keep any of this for 'just in case'? should I have the flywheel surfaced and lightened? I do I keep it from looking the same in just a few weekls if I want to keeep it for future use??

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
McMark
IMHO, I would toss the pressure plate and clutch disk, keep and resurface the flywheel. Douse it with oil to keep it from rusting, then clean it off with brake cleaner when you're ready to use it.
Brando
agree.gif

Maybe have it lightened to 12lbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.