Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Some Help With Tachometer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
purple
Hey guys, I've been looking on the usual spots to find a bulb holder for the bigger bulbs in the Tach (same as the speedometer) I have one holder, and one open hole with nothing in it.

I'd really like to get this gauge all perfect, and all I need is a bulb holder, where the heck do I find one? Do I have to buy a whole new tach? The one i have looks pretty faded, but I'd rather keep it.

Where do i go?

Purple
904svo
Which light is missing, is it one pole are two poles?
jim_hoyland
If you don't find one on the board, I bought a dash light assembly at a VW aftermarket parts place. The bubld holder fit perfectly. It was only one prong, so the tac case has to be the ground. It's a good fix until you find the exact part you are looking for.
nola914
It's a single pole. I have some extras, but I'm on vacation, and won't be home for 2 weeks. I'll check back with you when I get home (about 8/19), and if you still need one, I'll get your address and put one in the mail for you.
purple
It's the one pole variety. I'll try a VW place to see if they have a bulb holder. I'd appreciate it if you did that nola, I'll try to find it myself in that time.

That's mighty cool of you to offer, I may take you up on it if I can't find one.

thanks guys
purple
*cartman voice* You know, I love you guys. */cartman voice*

For reminding me I'm driving a Volkswagen tongue.gif

look what I found when I swallowed my pride and admitted I drive a VW

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?Pr...2D957%2D357%2DA

Yeah, 1 google search for vw bulb holder

Thanks guys
So.Cal.914
I'll bet North Hollywood speedo would send one to you.

http://www.nhspeedometer.com/
nola914
Purple: Checking back with you....did you get the lamp holder you needed?
purple
yup! cip is a good store!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.