Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DE day - first time on the track
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BKLA
There was a Porsche club DE day today at PIR.

My plan was to just go out and have a little track time... Set the red line on the tach at 5500 so that I wouldn't overdue my first time on the track in about ten years.

Had a great time for about 6 laps... Then on the back straight....missing and surging... raised my hand and exited... coasted all the way back to my paddock. I decided to park it and have someone who knows more than me look at it... don't want to blow it up! Felt like a timing issue...?

Before hand, however, motor pulls like a mother out of the corners. Twice nearly looped it cause of a heavy foot. Turn two out of the Festival curves, then again out of the right hander that leads on to the back straight.

THOMAS said this was a 2.6 four. It sure pulled like it!

Anyway, it was E N O R M O U S fun!
Click to view attachment
BKLA
'nother
Click to view attachment
BKLA
last one
Click to view attachment
Lou W
Very coool ph34r.gif
BKLA
I also shot a vid using one of those bullet cams from Oregon Scientific. Once I get the horrendous sound edited, y'all can have a field day critiquing my poor driving! biggrin.gif Still, only 2/3 of a session was worth it.
Joe Ricard
Love to see the vid if you would be so kind as to point it out.
degreeoff
agree.gif
T H O M A S
good to see the car back on the race track biggrin.gif have fun
BKLA
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Aug 6 2007, 09:30 AM) *

Love to see the vid if you would be so kind as to point it out.

I haven't had a moment to review and edit it ( biggrin.gif ), but I will post it soon!
BKLA
Finally, here is the link to the youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r1cIHC4HfI

flame on !?!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.