I've done a search and read everything I can find on venting of the radiator for the watercooled conversions. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a sealed venting system that would address the concerns of driving in rain and that would allow enough room up front for a spare tire? It would be nice if this was sealed from the elements yet had room for a spare and battery up front.

I was thinking of 2 options: 1) A much more upright vent through the top of the hood (think Wbgertho's but shorter in the horizontal plane, much more upright) with a nipple in the bottom to drain water; or 2) Some sort of flexible ducting (like dryer vent hose) that attached to the wheel wells. Both options would have the rear of the radiator/fans somewhat sealed and attached to the output. In either case, there would be provision for a spare tire to be carried vertically in the trunk as well as to place the battery up there.

I like the through the hood option as heat rises and the creation of some downforce, but wonder about proper flow with that upright of an exhaust. Through the wheel wells wouldn't appear to have those concerns but I wonder about materials for the hose as well as proper flow.

I know there is some engineer here that can help with this.