Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Powertech, Rockaway, NJ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
So.Cal.914
Behind my cousins building is a Porsche repair shop, he says they also have a

racing team. Anyone here work there or own the place? Or know of it? I am

going to stop by this week and say 'Hello' anyway but I thought I would ask just in

case. Thanks.
Jake Raby
Good guys.. We have sold them parts and they have helped to tune one of our customers FP engines... Keith is a good guy.
So.Cal.914
Thanks Jake, I will go see them. I will say "Hi" for you if you like.
crash914
they did all the work on my car for the previous owner...Fred Peck.

they do good stuff...
tod914
QUOTE(crash914 @ Aug 6 2007, 10:04 PM) *

they did all the work on my car for the previous owner...Fred Peck.

they do good stuff...

they do? maybe if keith or mike do the work. my experience's with them has been less than favorable.
So.Cal.914
Well thank you guys for the responce, I am not going to have them do any work just going by to say 'Hello'.
tod914
They usually have quite a few 914's there. There use to be some really nice ones in storage.. not sure if they were customer's cars or for sale. Im sure they will show you if you ask.
i love porsche
nice guys there, i autcross with a few of them, they do alot of 914 stuff too, im planning on going there for the alignment on my 924
tod914
Aaron, Protosport is really good. And closer for you. Located in Pompton Plains. 973 839 5353. John and Paul both very knowledgable. Might be worth a call.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(tod914 @ Aug 8 2007, 04:55 PM) *

Aaron, Protosport is really good. And closer for you. Located in Pompton Plains. 973 839 5353. John and Paul both very knowledgable. Might be worth a call.

Thanks Tod, My cousin owns the building in front of theirs so I was going to say "Hello". My car is in SoCal. sad.gif
i love porsche
cool, Tod, thanks for the reccomendation, ill give them a call
Dominic L
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 8 2007, 04:04 PM) *

Thanks Tod, My cousin owns the building in front of theirs so I was going to say "Hello". My car is in SoCal. sad.gif

They had a beastly looking Yellow 914-6 in the making in their shop a few months ago. Just seeing that will make your short trip worth while!

They did my -6 back in their infancy (early 90's and 2 owners ago) and the car still hauls balls some 17 years later. driving.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Dominic L @ Aug 9 2007, 07:41 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 8 2007, 04:04 PM) *

They had a beastly looking Yellow 914-6 in the making in their shop a few months ago. Just seeing that will make your short trip worth while!

They did my -6 back in their infancy (early 90's and 2 owners ago) and the car still hauls balls some 17 years later. driving.gif

Cool. smile.gif
Racer
Keith and Mike at PowerTech both used to run 914s. Keith still does (or at least 3 years ago he still was). I think he is the only one there who really loves them.
The shop has grown tremendously since about 1999 and well, with that growth has come a few growing pains. Fun guys though and i would recommend them for 914 work/help.
Dr Evil
I see how it is, Paul. Ya come out this way and dont even swing by to say hi.

What a punk! bootyshake.gif wink.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 11 2007, 11:08 PM) *

I see how it is, Paul. Ya come out this way and dont even swing by to say hi.

What a punk! bootyshake.gif wink.gif

I don't have a car Evil, but damn my cousin took his daughter and her friend to Hershey park last weekend. If my head wasn't up my butt I would have had him take me too and drop me off to visit. Still here for two weeks, let me work on it. idea.gif
So.Cal.914
I went by powertech, nice place. Not overly friendly but they were busy. In there

show room is a 1973 914-2.0, chrome yellow(saturn yellow) very nice! $15,500.

Ouch. Also a very nice earlier 911. Sorry no pic's sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.