Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: THE HOWARD MEMORIAL THINGY....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
I have started a poll on NARP. If you plan on attending, it would be really helpful to the family if you could please vote in the poll. They want to try and get some sort of head cound for this weekend.

Please vote in the poll

Thanks smile.gif

Event Info:

When: Saturday August 11, 11:00 AM

Where: 776 Sunfield Court
Westlake Village, CA 91362

Please plan on bringing your favorite beverage and/or dessert. beerchug.gif chowtime.gif
Twystd1
I will be going up from Costa Mesa / Newport Beach. I am taking Skline up with me. I have room for 2 more if'n anyone needs a ride.

I am also 1 mile from "John Wayne Airport" if ya need a to be picked up.

NOTE: I smoke and burp and fart on occasion. Anyone is welcome to go with me. In fact... it would be my pleasure.

PM me here or at the NARP site for phone numbers.

Clayton
TROJANMAN
icon_bump.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Aug 6 2007, 04:23 PM) *

NOTE: I smoke and burp and fart on occasion. Anyone is welcome to go with me. In fact... it would be my pleasure.

Clayton

Since your so forth coming with such wonderful information, I have to ask, do you do these all at the same time while you are driving ?

And, can you do these in Sequential mode ? And can you change the firing order ?

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

rhodyguy
is john wayne the nearest airport? i'll fly in for this one.

k
highways
Burbank Airport would be the closest to the farewell party, but John Wayne, Long Beach, and LAX are all along the route for Orange County guys heading up to LA.
Jenny
John wayne's good if you want Ms. Lisa to pick you up. Otherwise, I think Burbank is closer. There's also a small airport in Simi Valley, right? someone local chime in here please.

Jen
skline
Actually, Lisa lives by Long Beach and John Wayne would be way out of her way. I would say Burbank or LAX would be your best bet Kevin.
rhodyguy
anyone have a piece of floor i can sleep on? to make it happen i'd need some help with keeping the costs down. renting a car, nights lodging, and the related mayhem would make it cost prohibitive. guidence please.

k
Twystd1
QUOTE(Type 4 Unleashed @ Aug 6 2007, 11:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Aug 6 2007, 04:23 PM) *

Clayton

Since your so forth coming with such wonderful information,

I have to ask, do you do these all at the same time while you are driving ?

YES...!!!!!

And, can you do these in Sequential mode ?
On accasion, if the moon is just right.

And can you change the firing order ?
I have done that twice. Thought my lungs and ears was gunna burst. Can't wait till next time..!!!!!

Twystd1
av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

GWN7
Howard and I had plans for the Hang Over Run....he told me Burbank and LAX were about the same distance apart....

Clayton....what kind of ignition system are you using to produce such results? smile.gif
JoeSharp
Kevin: You have PM.
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(Jenny @ Aug 7 2007, 12:32 PM) *

John wayne's good if you want Ms. Lisa to pick you up. Otherwise, I think Burbank is closer. There's also a small airport in Simi Valley, right? someone local chime in here please.

Jen

Camarillo, or Oxnard are close, but TINY.

Santa Barbara is a bit further, but do-able if needed.

BJH
jimtab
Still waiting to see if anyone from the NORCAL area wants to ride down to Howie's gathering...otherwise I will push on alone. driving.gif
Jenny
Brian and I are headed down, but making a weekend of it (spending time with the in-laws as well). We'll be headed down Fri night and coming back up Sunday afternoon.

Jen
Crazyhippy
I am offering my couch, floor, whatever to anyone that needs on friday night. It's not the ritz, but it beats passing out in the car.

BJH
campbellcj
I have a prior obligation that can't be rescheduled, but will be there in spirit. Howard was a great guy.
TROJANMAN
Thank you to Carlos for providing us DJ equipment thumb3d.gif

And JOE is having a Friday Night BBQ jsharp.gif
rhodyguy
damn. stinking priceline.

k
TROJANMAN
I'll try from my office later today if you want. wink.gif
fiid
QUOTE(jimtab @ Aug 7 2007, 08:32 PM) *

Still waiting to see if anyone from the NORCAL area wants to ride down to Howie's gathering...otherwise I will push on alone. driving.gif

What do you think your plan will look like?
SLITS
QUOTE(fiid @ Aug 9 2007, 12:07 PM) *

QUOTE(jimtab @ Aug 7 2007, 08:32 PM) *

What do you think your plan will look like?

A lot like Miles' escape plan after drinking that smooth firewater he is famous for.
Jenny
The plan is to meet at Uncle Howie's, not Uncle Jiggley's.

Jen
TROJANMAN
BUMP

this is tomorrow smile.gif
Brando
I'm very sorry I won't be making this event sad.gif
Heeltoe914
What a great time and Yes Howie was there. NO parking and not a seat in the House. Thats my boy Howard. He still knows how to pack them in. God Bless & drive safe up there.
Heeltoe914
and
Heeltoe914
When it’s all said and down as you lay asleep tonight think about what you will leave behind. How you spread joy, how you help other and what impression you left in another’s heart & mind. The memories and the pure joy of having the opportunity to meet and enjoy Howard's company will forever roll on throw his friends and Family.
Allan
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Aug 11 2007, 06:07 PM) *

When it’s all said and down as you lay asleep tonight think about what you will leave behind. How you spread joy, how you help other and what impression you left in another’s heart & mind. The memories and the pure joy of having the opportunity to meet and enjoy Howard's company will forever roll on throw his friends and Family.

Well said...
sww914
I've never, ever seen anyone wash a car in a dress. That's a good friend.
Dr Evil
Drinking a beer, missing Howie, and missing all you guys right now sad.gif
I like the fact that there was no shortage of smiling faces, it gives me hope. biggrin.gif <--
SirAndy
wish i could have been there ...

sad.gif Andy
Elliot Cannon
Z getting a grip on himself. Or what he wishes was himself.
Elliot Cannon
Make sure you get down and wash the rocker panel Lisa av-943.gif
Elliot Cannon
Picture gallery.
Elliot Cannon
Some NARP folks.
Elliot Cannon
Lots of food. GOOD food.
Elliot Cannon
Lots of people.
Elliot Cannon
The Keeper of the Hose. (Has he gained weight?)
Elliot Cannon
Deckman and Mrs K
Elliot Cannon
Howards son Greg on the far right.
Elliot Cannon
OK This got kinda ugly. Two gay lovers had a thing. You know. A thing??
Elliot Cannon
Everyone had a great time. If only Howard had been there it would have been perfect. He was there in everyones hearts though. So in a way he was standing with us. Holding a drink. Smiling. I'll miss him alot.
Elliot
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 12 2007, 12:46 AM) *

Everyone had a great time. If only Howard had been there it would have been perfect. He was there in everyones hearts though. So in a way he was standing with us. Holding a drink. Smiling. I'll miss him alot.
Elliot

agree.gif

Great turn out from our two clubs.............. beerchug.gif
I think we made Howie proud! wub.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

and here are more pics at NARP........Look here =)

I love you Howie!

Lisa
mrs.K.gif
Lou W
He sure was a lucky man to have so many good friends. thank you for sharing the pictures, I really wished that I could have been there.
So.Cal.914
Wish I was there, but I did tear up some dirt roads in a dune buggy on saturday here in New Jersey. I am sure Howard was thrilled to see you all there on his day, especially Mrs. K and Jenny. chowtime.gif

Edit: Oh god I forgot Toastie, didn't see you there the first read.

biggrin.gif
Mrs. K
icon_bump.gif for those who were there that have more pics.........smile.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif

Slits's t-shirt biggrin.gif

BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I am sure all that attended are aware of the feeling you must have left " Howards" family. He touched the lives of so many people in so many ways.

God's Speed Howard R.I.P

Dave slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.