Your link does not go to eBay...

Paul
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Aug 6 2007, 08:42 PM) *

I forgot.
What's a TPS?
Your link does not go to eBay...

Paul

Sorry, "seniors" should not be permitted to multitask! Corrected the link.

TPS is Throttle Position Switch. Sort of unobtainium in new form these days. The one for sale fits 1.7's only - but it IS new! Good collctor parts if the price doesn't go whacko, which it will.
Pat
rhodyguy
although a fine item, i think one for a 2.0 would be more desireable and produce a higher price. note the lack of bids. i'm sure the seller is disappointed right now

k
Pat Garvey
I was the ONLY bidder, yet stole this part for 29.95. Recieved it & it is truly a brand new part. Though I have 3 restored others, this one is new & I'll keep it forever (I'm a 1.7 guy).
JeffBowlsby
Yep...I got the one from the same seller for the NOS 73-74 2.0L

At 136 George Washingtons, still a bargain on an NLA part.

piratenanner.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 17 2007, 09:21 PM) *

Yep...I got the one from the same seller for the NOS 73-74 2.0L

At 136 George Washingtons, still a bargain on an NLA part.

piratenanner.gif

Jeff,

Just think 5 years down the road, assuming we don't need them (& I doubt it). More & more people are retrofitting FI to 914's. Bits & pieces get lost. We both made excellent buys!
Pat
rhodyguy
i need to go thru the rest of my 2.0 d-jet stuff. that was quite a sweet deal pat. i'm sure the seller was disappointed.

k
ConeDodger
I just bought and installed a new 2.0 liter TPS last year. Really made my throttle response more smooth... I forget the price but it was from a vendor like Pelican or GAF... All gone now?

Only thing left to make my EFI complete and basically new is a Bowlsby harness. Eventually, I will rebuild my original 2.0 liter and set it on a shelf for posterity. Car is currently 2270 powered.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 6 2007, 01:31 PM) *

I just bought and installed a new 2.0 liter TPS last year. Really made my throttle response more smooth... I forget the price but it was from a vendor like Pelican or GAF... All gone now?

Only thing left to make my EFI complete and basically new is a Bowlsby harness. Eventually, I will rebuild my original 2.0 liter and set it on a shelf for posterity. Car is currently 2270 powered.

I really never thought I'd worry about the original FI components on my 72, and I still don't. BUT, since I've garnered every one in new form during the last 2 years, why not replace all the old with new. Injectors, TPS & all ancillaries. Everything removed (except the TPS) will be refurbished & stored as spares. Tried my hand at micro-refurbishing a couple of TPS's & they came out near perfect, but since i scored a brand new on on the cheap, I'll use that.

No 2270, just a factory-original, all numbers matching 1.7. Didn'r pick these up as anything other than maintenance parts.
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.