Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: reliable or junk?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dflesburg
Watching Easy Rider....

Will my 914-6 take me out west and back or to Tenn to run Tail of the Dragon like my Cobra could? Or will it never be reliable enough to leave home?
So.Cal.914
I drove my 72 914-4 as a DD from 1982 to 1995.
Twystd1
Unless you had a Superformance Cobra. I bet the 914 will be MUCH more fun on that road.

I used to build and test drive for a an aftermarket Cobra builder for years.

After 10 minutes of going 9/10s driving. I was beat.
In a 914 or a vette........... I can go all day.

Thats my .10 worth... And I'm sticking to it.

Clayton
John
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Aug 6 2007, 07:57 PM) *

Watching Easy Rider....

Will my 914-6 take me out west and back or to Tenn to run Tail of the Dragon like my Cobra could? Or will it never be reliable enough to leave home?

It all depends on the work you do.

If you do good work, the car will be reliable. If not, it won't be. It's as simple as that.

They do require maintenance (as did your Dis-gustang), but they can be very reliable cars. The track car is reliable for the most part. I had an original gas pedal fail about a month ago, and at the same time the throttle cable decided to bind, but other than that, it still starts and runs track events when it is asked to.

My street car is reliable. I drive it weekly, but I have grown accustomed to my daily driver comfort and hate to expose the 914 to all the highway traffic just to drive it daily.

Hang in there. You just got your car drivable. Keep finishing it. Once all the parts are back on, and all the bolts are tight, it too should be a reliable car.

You have only been working on it for 15 years or so.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.