Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got my Jet-Hot coated muffler in..bling bling..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
I thought I would try Jet-Hot coatings out. I bought this muffler for just over $100 from the club (914world). Cost me about $150 with shipping to have it coated.

Click to view attachment
thomasotten
It was slightly used when I first got it.
thomasotten
Now she's purty...
thomasotten
thomasotten
thomasotten
So I was thinking that maybe I should NOT run a rear valence... it's too pretty to hide...
tdgray
WOW cool_shades.gif

How do you think that will hold up?
thomasotten
Better than Krylon or Rustoleum... I hope!
Ferg
drooley.gif idea.gif

Pics when installed please...

Ferg aktion035.gif
Steve Thacker
Where does one look for these sort of services on the net / yellow pages?
I have a monza exhaust and I would like to make mine purty like yours
Bogaat
I had my bugs exhaust coated by Jet Hot a few years ago. It still started to rust after a few months. I live on the coast in SC, so there is plenty of humidity and salt in the air. I was hoping it would withstand, but it did not. They had me sold with the video they sent me showing how Nasa used their stuff on the space shuttle. Obviously, lots of people have good results...I pray you are one of them! I have given up trying to keep my exhaust rust free. Stainless is the only way to be sure...looks nice man!
maf914
QUOTE(Bogaat @ Aug 7 2007, 09:30 AM) *

how Nasa used their stuff on the space shuttle.

Lot less humidity in outer space! laugh.gif

That Bursch looks great. Is the coating applied inside as well? I always wondered how that was handled. If not it will eventually rust from the inside as exhaust condensation starts eating away. But what else can you do? idea.gif
thomasotten
I doesn't appear to have the same coating on the inside, although it looks like they did something to it, perhaps just sandblasting the openings.
Bogaat
QUOTE(thomasotten @ Aug 7 2007, 04:15 PM) *

I doesn't appear to have the same coating on the inside, although it looks like they did something to it, perhaps just sandblasting the openings.

Jet hot will normally coat the inside of their headers, but can not do the inside of mufflers. I would bet since the two are one with the Bursch, then they couldn't do the header.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.