Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TOD in Tennesse has no slack laws now
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=82...95229&hl=en

If you look at the video, the first section has a 914 in it smile.gif The cops are really cracking down on the speeders there. I wonder who the teener was? Perhaps he is a member here?
Ferg
I saw that video too! Wonder who the teener is.

I've driven that road a bunch of times, but always in route to Mtn Biking so I was never driving anything fun.

To bad the secrets out.

Ferg
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I usually do it in late november. no traffic, no cops, no people, no ice, and easy to see the road ahead for the lack of leaves.
zymurgist
I would have liked to do the TOD, but it seems to me that now that everyone knows about it, it's too crowded. Just like Skyline Drive in VA... too many RV's and whatnot to make the drive enjoyable any more.

I know plenty of back roads in south central PA with plenty of elevation changes, curves, twists, etc. with nary a cop in sight. (Not that I go tearing through them, but there is a chance that I might be above the posted speed at some points.)
dflesburg
video was shot mid day on a Saturday in August.... What do you expect?
D1A3
We took a bunch of cars up last year in early September and had a blast! Sucks to hear they are cracking down.

Maybe we shoudl have a section on the board for classic drives... We coudl post various roads by region of the country or state that are fun to drive. I have yet to find a good source for great roads other than word of mouth. TOD is obviously an exception as they have a website dedicated to it. Thoughts?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.