Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speedometer question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
keske968
My speedometer has been working wonderfully but I went out one morning and fired up the car. Everything looked fine... needle is at "0" (or so i thought) Started driving and the needle isn't moving... Turns out somehow it spun all the way around and is pegged out on the wring side of the peg at "0"

So is this just a cabel problem or do I need to get my speedometer rebuilt? I wouldn't mind excanging it as mine reads in kph ONLY. It would be nice to have a MPH speedometer..

Thanks for the advice...

We start working on the car in about two weeks or so..
drive-ability
QUOTE(keske968 @ Aug 7 2007, 09:30 PM) *

My speedometer has been working wonderfully but I went out one morning and fired up the car. Everything looked fine... needle is at "0" (or so i thought) Started driving and the needle isn't moving... Turns out somehow it spun all the way around and is pegged out on the wring side of the peg at "0"

So is this just a cabel problem or do I need to get my speedometer rebuilt? I wouldn't mind excanging it as mine reads in kph ONLY. It would be nice to have a MPH speedometer..

Thanks for the advice...

We start working on the car in about two weeks or so..

I haven't seen this happen with speedometers but have with tachometers. If it were me I would pop it out and ether spin it back wards or see if turning it up-side down to see if you can get the needle in the correct place.
You could try driving in reverse to see if anything happens first, and or spin the cable from the transmission end as well. I'm sure theres someone else who may have had this happen a time or two..
keske968
Well driving backwards dosnt work, taking it out and turning the gauge dosnt work... so I suppose I'll try the cabel. Still hanv't tested to see if it is a broken cabel.. I almos think that if there is a return spring in the gauge that it has somehow disconnected. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. We are gonna start working on the car in about two weeks or so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.