Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grant wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fitsbain
I have a new job working nights at advanced auto parts. I've been eyeing a grant wheel, but it was $118. Just got marked down to $45 plus I get a 20% discount.

So I think I'm going to bite.

My question is, how do I mount it to the collumn? Apps chart on the back of the box lists a 911 and 914-6 (different splines right?). What about my 4?

Someone out there must have a grant wheel.

Thanks.
Allan
IIRC, grant quit making adapters for the /4 awhile ago. It also depends on the year of the car from what I understand.

I would check ebay and put a WTB ad in the classifieds.
rhodyguy
does the center of your wheel look like this? here's what the adpt looks like.

k
dwillouby
What I did was cut the rivits holding the stock wheel from its mount. Drill new pattern into the mount and bolt it on

David
RoninEclipse2G
QUOTE(Headrage @ Aug 8 2007, 09:29 AM) *

IIRC, grant quit making adapters for the /4 awhile ago. It also depends on the year of the car from what I understand.

I would check ebay and put a WTB ad in the classifieds.

yeah, the adapters that grant makes are for original sixes, not fours. the VW adapters don't work either
dlo914
QUOTE(dwillouby @ Aug 8 2007, 05:35 PM) *

What I did was cut the rivits holding the stock wheel from its mount. Drill new pattern into the mount and bolt it on

David

Hey i did the same thing a while back! The stock wheel has a perfect 5 bolt setup! And make sure to use titanium drill bits they make the job so much easier! If you dont find the spacer i have one. It's the piece that goes between the wheel and spline adapter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.