Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What tiome will the ECC start?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
VaccaRabite
What time do we want to be the "official" start time? I have a few PMs over the past couple of days asking. I was justgoing to say 2PM, but I figure I would ask here first.

When this is confirmed I am going to put in in the first post on the ECC thread in the garage.

Zach
zymurgist
I would defer to Matt since it's his house. I'm planning on staging the keg either early that day or possibly the day before, having chilled it and making sure that it's good to go. (Still haven't got the dispensing system built, but it's the kind of problem that I can just throw parts at.)
plas76targa
sorry for not checking sooner.. gee we can start earlier. are we going to DO any thing? we have a pool so swimming is available for adults and kids. I can turn the lights on to discourage skinny dipping later.

I want to steak out a short drive that would pass through a covered bridge - a photo-op to rival those mid west guys! that might take an hour or so to do. Think about it.

here I'll say it.. we'll accept any 914 "officially" at noon. You can show up for breakfast if you're so inclined. plan for a short curvy drive at 4:00 pm... dinner to follow?

I need to get a count on noses. Who's coming for sure or for darned sure. zach, do you want to start an official headcount post for that or Rich or i can?

Food - I was thinking doing pulled pork.. have people bring a side dish.. if the head count is around 30, we'll cover 90% of the food - add'l items are welcome!

Parts swap - can we encourage folks to bring stuff that will fit in their 914's? whoever replied, "hey I 'bring my truck instead" has me worried about becoming a FALL HERSHEY event. let's discourage that.

sorry, Dr evil will tell you i can't write a short reply
Rick L
great reply, If you don't set the limits, someone will definitely overrun them.

High noon sounds great for welcoming with events starting at 2, the curvy drive around 4 and dinner at 6?

The swap meet can get tricky. I agree that it could very quickly get out of control. Limiting it to what you can carry in your P-car (after any luggage for the trip) would pretty much eliminate any room for parts. Let's leave the swap meet off and we can answer inquiries on an individual basis.

Roster -
We'll use the events forum to begin amassing attendees.

Matt, can you get the address and contact info for the Holiday Inn you mentioned? I'd like to put that info in the post as well.

So far, I've only got one vendor who's ante'd up any goods, but I'm still working on it.

Pulled pork sounds great for a main dish. Matt do we need extra grill space?

Zach, I'm going to set up an Evite and post the site on all the relevant boards. Here's the ones I know:
World
Club
NARP
Roadglue
Pelican
Are there any I've missed?
Rick L
....just read Zach's post in the other folder.......2 vendors!
ws91420
QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ Aug 9 2007, 06:48 PM) *

Zach, I'm going to set up an Evite and post the site on all the relevant boards. Here's the ones I know:
World
Club
NARP
Roadglue
Pelican

Dorkiphus might pull out some local teeners not on any of these boards.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Aug 9 2007, 09:55 PM) *

QUOTE(rleonardccemtp @ Aug 9 2007, 06:48 PM) *

World
Club
NARP
Roadglue
Pelican

Dorkiphus might pull out some local teeners not on any of these boards.

Don't forget Rennlist.

Zach
plas76targa
Local hotels, closest first:

Hampton Inn
1565 Oppossumtown Pike
Frederick, MD
301-696-1565

( I will call the above and reserve 10 rooms - hold them until one week before - provided this doesn't cost me any thing)

Holiday Inn
999 W. Patrick St
Frederick, MD
301-662-5141

#3 right opposite the above
Comfort Inn - Red horse
998 W. Patrick St
Frederick, MD
301-662-0281

Prices approx $90 and up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.