Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone seen this
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
geniusanthony
So, I happen across americaninternationalracing.com and the gears in the noggin start turning. Firstly I do not want to do this. Not on my current car anyway. But I can't help but think what if. Maybe have the rear section be completely removable or both for that matter. simple maintenance and light weight being the end result.
Without going into details of chassis design and recommending a good read, has anyone done anything like this. How much weight could really be lost and retain driver status. In all just had to air the craziness floating around here and looking for a lil support(insert appropriate smilies here).....
VaccaRabite
There are a bunch of tube frame cars.
There are also a bunch of Fiberglass and CF skinning options, which can be used on a tube frame car - or not.

Once you go full tube frame and FG skin, though, you are generally also a full out race car, with other goodies that make it non-streetable.

As they say, however: with enough time and money, anything is possible.

Zach
army dude
there are plenty of donor shells to be scarfed up where you are. The cars are painted white and orange. hehehee

sorry for the hijack!!

Ian
Aaron Cox
but why would the aftermarket skin be a narrow body?

you'd have to be a fool to not just jump to the sheridan kit over that
URY914
Looks like the Revell 1/24 kit from back in the day.

Get real, do you know how much time and money is in tube frame cars?
plymouth37
I bet it fits like crap. If AIR can't get a bumper to fit think how warped and wonkey a whole body from them would be!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.