Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Someone is smiling on us
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
Kelly and I have been looking for the right place for awhile. Never enough storage, bad location, no where to park my two classic cars, too expensive, and on and on and on.

Well on Saturday we looked at an amazing place, garage flat with hardwood floors, cross ventilation, super clean with vintage 40's ceramic tile in lemon yellow and lime green, garden, walk in closet, grapefruit trees, and did I mention its a garage flat?

2 garages included in rent for the same money we pay now. smilie_pokal.gif
This means I can bring the Frog up from National City and keep it close to me.

Landlord called and said that everyone wanted it and was trying to bribe him to get it, but he liked us so we are meeting today to sign the lease!

Somone must be looking out for us,
wink.gif
VaccaRabite
Welcome to the society of garage-havers.

Congrats!

Zach
brer
I'm already thinking about laying down 3/8" plywood on the floors so I dont have to lay on concrete and also to keep the oil spots off of his slab.

biggrin.gif
Allan
QUOTE(brer @ Aug 8 2007, 08:27 AM) *

I'm already thinking about laying down 3/8" plywood on the floors so I dont have to lay on concrete and also to keep the oil spots off of his slab.

biggrin.gif

Splinters in yer back? blink.gif

Nice score... biggrin.gif
brer
Hmm. good point.

Maybe teflon coated vinyl so I can slide around easier? tongue.gif
Dr Evil
Sounds like Spring Valley with that kind of set up, am I right?
brer
North Park

can you believe it?

oh, washer and dryer included.
KELTY360
QUOTE(brer @ Aug 8 2007, 09:27 AM) *

biggrin.gif

Oil spots? You must have one of those British 914s. biggrin.gif

FERG.gif
Dr Evil
Wow! Good score thumb3d.gif
brer
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 8 2007, 09:54 AM) *

Oil spots? You must have one of those British 914s. biggrin.gif

FERG.gif

that would explain the rust and cabbage smell.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(brer @ Aug 8 2007, 09:37 AM) *

North Park

can you believe it?

oh, washer and dryer included.

Around all those little houses you found two garages? Good for you.
sww914
You could paint the garage floors so that you could wipe up the oil, and get a creeper.
brer
what kind of paint?
sww914
Not to be a wiseass (for once), but garage floor paint. Home Depot has it, I'm sure other places do too. I'd prefer a 2 part epoxy, if available, but i think that the 1 part epoxies are pretty good too. You must clean the floor really well first, and some require that you acid etch it, the directions should explain the process.
brer
of course!

when I said what kind I meant, two part? single stage? nail polish?
sww914

Some kinds of nail polish might work pretty well, but you'd have to get a real deal on it, those bottles are pretty small. Lots of nice colors to choose from!
jimtab
Brer...rust-oleums's new one part epoxy has been very good and any stocking distributor will have all the stuff you need to get the job done. Congrats on the big score.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.