Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help With Removal of Chrome Trim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chuck
I am attempting to remove the chrome trim on the targa bar and sail panels as well as around the windshield on my '73 without damaging it. The sail panel trim has one small screw in the top of it. I've removed that but the trim doesn't seem to want to give at all. What is the secret for removing all of this stuff without bending it or damaging it? Thanks.
Allan
There is a nut up in the fender well at the rear of the trim. The ones that run along the side have little expansion clips that hold them in place. The long one across the top just pulls off.
skline
There is an 8mm bolt up inside the wheel well holding it in.
xperu
I just removed mine, I really don't know if it's the best way, but i removed the screw at the to pf the sail trim, turned the trim counterclockwise about half way turn, then push from the bottom flat wide end. It has a glob of some kind of seal material on the flat shaped fastener holding the sail trim. You just have to be careful when pushing on the trim(be patient) not to bind the trim piece, I had to wiggle it back and fourth several times. Put tape down around the area to prevent scratching the paint. I'm sure there is another way, but worked for me on both my cars.
xperu
QUOTE(xperu @ Aug 8 2007, 01:13 PM) *

I just removed mine, I really don't know if it's the best way, but i removed the screw at the to pf the sail trim, turned the trim counterclockwise about half way turn, then push from the bottom flat wide end. It has a glob of some kind of seal material on the flat shaped fastener holding the sail trim. You just have to be careful when pushing on the trim(be patient) not to bind the trim piece, I had to wiggle it back and fourth several times. Put tape down around the area to prevent scratching the paint. I'm sure there is another way, but worked for me on both my cars.

See I told you there was another way!
Chuck
Thanks guys. That is why this site is the best!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.