Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Momo steering wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
I'm looking at a Momo steering wheel with a 90mm dish to it which puts the wheel closer to the driver. Anyone have a similar wheel? and is being closer a problem? Me thinks it would be easier to get in and out of the car and also better view of the gauges. But what about comfort when driving driving.gif Thanks
TROJANMAN
don't forget the momo adapter is going to put it even a bit closer still

I'm a little guy (but still taller than CLAY) , so I am not a fan of the closer wheel
Coy
I love the feel and the size of my MoMo!!

Mine's not dished, but the adapter brought the wheel back to me a bit. I think you can get an adapter that is an inch longer still.

As for seeing the gauges; the smaller diameter wheel actually makes it harder for me to see the speedo, but I can still see the tach, and my tires throw the speedo off anyway... confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
spunone
How much more will the hub adapter bringit out??
Coy
It seems like I saw a couple of different sizes when I was shopping (like maybe from 2" to like 3") and I just noticed Pelican has a 1/2" momo extension as well. I'm not sure how far mine came back; actually the stock wheel sticks out from where it mounts by more than I would have expected, so it might not be much closer, but it's easier to get in and out the car and feels way better when you're driving.

Technically speaking; I guess that's pretty subjective... not much help is it?
TROJANMAN
Paul,
It sounds like Joe is having a jsharp.gif on Friday night (check narp).
You should come buy and check one out in person.

Dr Evil
I just bought the 1" adaptor off of ebay for $31 shipped. It is an extender for the actual adaptor. HTH

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=280138849601
spunone
So you want your wheel closer to you?with the 90mm dish on the wheel I was lookin at it will bring it out about 3,5 inches think this is to much?
Coy
My Adapter is 2.5" and it didn't bring it out much, but a Prototipo is otherwise, pretty flat.
Dr Evil
I needed the spacer because my wheel is flat ang the adapter only brought it out to where the turn signal switch was 1/8" from the wheel. Sucked to turn.
Slider
Im running a V35 MOMO (its an older model) with the stock adapter @ 73mm (2.87") and no spacer it puts the steering wheel at a pretty good distance and mine is at a approx 40mm (1.57") offset the wiper switch doesn't get in the way but its close to it. The wheel is an 13" or i think 350mm.

by the way i am about 6'4" so im not a little guy.

I love my MOMO its been great and very comfortable. mind you that i had no problem with the stock wheel but it was a little to big for me to be able to get into the car.

as for the gauges i can see them for the most part the very top where the turn signal indicator lights are blocked by the steering wheel but i can pretty much see the tach and the Speedo.

CSClick to view attachment
degreeoff
hell mine is WAY out there(Momo adapter, 30mm spacer AND a quick release @ 1" +{-}) but I unfortunately cannot give a clue as to whether or not its too close...BUT FOR RACING IT'LL BE GOOD i AM SURE.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.