Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Anyone near Norfolk, VA wanna pick up an engine and tranny for me?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I am looking at a core engine for a future bus and cant get to it right away. I could use some help if someone could store it for me for a few weeks or if they could help relay it up here to me via the underground railroad of members biggrin.gif

Pleas let me know as I have a deal waiting.
Thanks!
aircooledboy
I'm flying out of Norfolk tommorow, but I don't think I can fit it in my carry on bag. happy11.gif
anderssj
Mike,

How soon? I leave tomorrow PM for MN for about 10 days . . . would the 20th or 21st be too late?

Steve A-
Dr Evil
Maybe not. I havent heard back from the guy yet. What I am trying ot buy is an auto tranny and engine from a corvair with all the adaptors to put it in a VW bus happy11.gif So far you are the best candidate for the pickup thumb3d.gif I'll let you know, and thanks!
anderssj
OK . . .

Oh, and how much does this stuff weigh--is it 2-man lift?
So.Cal.914
Corvair stuff was heavy, you'll need help.
degreeoff
Sorry man I don't have a commercial pilots license yet......I would need a DC-7 for that one!
VaccaRabite
Mike, why Corviar?

If you are going to put a non-VW engine in the bus, go Suby. More power, way smaller, way newer, won't hurt the value of the bus any less then going Corvair, and there are thousands of them all around you.

Of course, if the bus really is a rare one, I don't know that putting a non-VW engine in it would help you flip it at all.

Zach
Dr Evil
Where would you put the radiator, Zach? Corvair = air cooled, fairly inexpensive, 6 cyl, not hard to bolt in with adapters. I could also put a bigger TIV in it....but where is the fun in that wink.gif It would be going into a future bus (not a rare one, just a regular pre 76 one) that I have yet to buy. I just found all the parts for a great price and figured I would pounce if it hasnt sold yet.
VaccaRabite
I have been running the radiator question around in my head for a few weeks actually. I can think of a couple different options that would not require much cutting.

Your'e just a Corvair freak.

Zach
terrymason
I could pick it up for you. Any chance this would fit in a regular size ford exploder? If not I've got a buddy with a tacoma.

6 cyl does sound alot heavier than 4 though sad.gif
Dr Evil
PM sent, Terry biggrin.gif I just heard back from the guy and the engine is fairly incomplete so I am passing on the engine, but the tranny and all the special parts I am still gonna get. The trany is the size of one of ours and the rest of the parts are easy to fit in a car.

Thanks man, you rock!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.