Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Delortos or Webers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
My ugly duckling project that I picked-up has some Weber 34s with all new linkage. I haven't had carbs for 25 years so bear with me.

I want to be able drive the car around as I work on it. Not to sure what I'm going to endup with for a powerplant so I don't want to invest too much here. Currently, the car starts and will idle fine but when you press on the gas it just goes "blah" and dies. To keep it running you have to pump the gas pedal to keep the rpms up. It makes me think vaccum leak---??. The 1.8 motor has a FI stock distributor.

Couple of questions:
OK...I realize from lurking on the board, an 009, 050, or mallory is a better performance distributor for carbs, but will the stock FI distributor work OK for now?

Are the 34s worth rebuliding to get this car running OK?

If I replace these carbs, it sounds like Weber 40s are what I would want or Dellortos (what size?)

What is a good price for either of the carbs?

Finally, since I have webers now, will the manifolds and linkage work on say some Weber or Dellorto 40s?

Be Nice...
rhodyguy
pretty sure the carb to intake stud pattern is dif for the ifds vs icts. if you're going to idfs, snag the set of cb talls in the classifieds. you can make them work with the 4 stud 1.8 heads.

k
Twystd1
I love those little carbs on a stock engine.
Killer fuel mileage.... And pretty good performance.

AND running an 009 is dizzy is not a good choice. An 050 works if it's recurved for your engine. (easy on a dizzy machine)

Cheers,

Clayton

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.