Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question: Reasonable price for a good used windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
alex914
Quick question... what's a reasonable price for a windshield with no cracks and minimal rock pits?
Ferg
Sigla brand or other?

In car still?

Tint on top?

Need more info for price estimate. New PPG's run just under 300 here, and if yours is still in car, only about half come out without breaking.

If it's a very nice original Sigla, a concour weenie may want it, but logistically would have to be close by...

Am I any help confused24.gif biggrin.gif

Ferg
alex914
It is a windshield with no tinting but can't say what brand it is. It was removed from the car by an experienced technician. Boxing and shipping seem like big obstacles to sell non locally.

QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 9 2007, 01:07 PM) *

Sigla brand or other?

In car still?

Tint on top?

Need more info for price estimate. New PPG's run just under 300 here, and if yours is still in car, only about half come out without breaking.

If it's a very nice original Sigla, a concour weenie may want it, but logistically would have to be close by...

Am I any help confused24.gif biggrin.gif

Ferg

dakotaewing
This guy has them...
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ2...Q3aMEFSQ3aMESOI

I think they were about $195 plus shipping -

Not sure what brand -
I have never dealt with him, but other
members such as Jonny B have...

Thom
mskala
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Aug 10 2007, 02:04 AM) *

This guy has them...
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ2...Q3aMEFSQ3aMESOI

I think they were about $195 plus shipping -

I've used this guy, he's for real and local to me. I got a 944 windshield from him.

Mark S.
VaccaRabite
I am also interested what a good used WS is worth, as I may be pulling one soon.

Zach
tyler
I've got one for $50 - San Clemente, CA

QUOTE(alex914 @ Aug 9 2007, 01:01 PM) *

Quick question... what's a reasonable price for a windshield with no cracks and minimal rock pits?

dr914@autoatlanta.com
The problem with used is that they are brittle like an old lady's bones and usually when shipped crack just from the vibration. I would never go to the trouble buy and get shipped used. The reply for the e bay windshield for 195 is a good one because it is Richard Tankel at Pro Glass, the guy we use. He ships immediately and insures the glass will arrive in one piece because it is packed so well.

Please remember when replacing the windshield to replace the 19 clips the dash to windshield bead and the upper dash material, and the windshield chrome if needed as this is the prime time to do it
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 10 2007, 09:45 AM) *

The problem with used is that they are brittle like an old lady's bones and usually when shipped crack just from the vibration. I would never go to the trouble buy and get shipped used. The reply for the e bay windshield for 195 is a good one because it is Richard Tankel at Pro Glass, the guy we use. He ships immediately and insures the glass will arrive in one piece because it is packed so well.

Please remember when replacing the windshield to replace the 19 clips the dash to windshield bead and the upper dash material, and the windshield chrome if needed as this is the prime time to do it

agree.gif

Yep that is who I got my windshield from.
cobra94563
FYI,
I'm not too far from you. I got a quote for $280 out-the-door+installed from a shop in hayward, this week. If you know of anything better, please shoot me a PM. I need one in the next week.
JeffBowlsby
You guys saw this one right...no affiliation, just passing it along...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/car/392439974.html

kart54
Low Price auto glass in Santa Paula, CA sold me mine uninstalled but new for $125.00 including tax.
Randy
alex914
Prices for new ones installed really fall into a wide range. I just got a new one and it cost around $300!?!?

QUOTE(kart54 @ Aug 10 2007, 02:27 PM) *

Low Price auto glass in Santa Paula, CA sold me mine uninstalled but new for $125.00 including tax.
Randy

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.