Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V-8 Grill Progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
Here is what I have so far.. smash.gif Each peace is welded to the bumper now and I had to cut 30 relief joints in each one wacko.gif to make the bends. I will now get the peaces straight and spaced correctly and tack a upright on the back side. I hope to paint them silver but it's still up to the finished product to determine that..
IPB Image

IPB Image
andys
I like the way the grill works off of the fog light grills. I am planning on doing mine in a similar manner. Probably do it in aluminum instead of steel; easier to fab.

The members car you refer to; was it the one where he mentioned he modified an aftermaket 350Z grill, as it had a similar spacing and contour?

Andys
McMark
That's AWESOME!!! Nice job, great idea.
degreeoff
agree.gif I may not be a H2O guy but I like-a the look-a of a stock-a car
marks914
Looks good.

I did something similar to keep plastic bags out.
I cut mine from 1/8 inch stock to get the thickness and then shaped the plan view as I cut it out.

Mark
Rand
Nice work.

I'm thinking of jmmotorsports' car. LOVE IT!!!

Click to view attachment
drive-ability
I too like the stock like look so I may keep it black, hard to see the grill unless your looking for it. I put some paint on it, looks better in person but not bad in the pic..
IPB Image
914-8
looks great, esp. painted black with the stock style LE spoiler. Very stealth!
dflesburg
How does your rear trunk lid work? Why does it levitate like that?
plymouth37
Lookin good! It really looks like it belongs, might try that myself. nice work!
ruddyboys
I would be afraid to park it and have someone back into it, bending it to hell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.