Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Site State of Mourning - FYI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Just a simple FYI on the state of mourning on the site:

I'm sure everyone's noticed the black site and the banner but I don't think we've actually discussed this with the members here or the advertisers who had their banners temporarily removed.

We're obviously in a state of mourning following the incomprehensible loss of the finest person many of us have had the pleasure of meeting. If you missed the opportunity to meet Howard you'll have to trust us on this one.

We chatted a bit back stage about this and, understanding that there are various time periods of mourning based upon the status of the individual whom had passed, we decided Howard gets nothing less than full Presidential honors. 30 days.

So... (as I tear up writing this), sometime around Labor Day the old site will come back and our advertisers will get their banners back and I'm sure we'll still be shedding a tear or two-hundred over Howard.

We have good memories.

Thanks Howard.
jimtab
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 9 2007, 03:36 PM) *

Just a simple FYI on the state of mourning on the site:

I'm sure everyone's noticed the black site and the banner but I don't think we've actually discussed this with the members here or the advertisers who had their banners temporarily removed.

We're obviously in a state of mourning following the incomprehensible loss of the finest person many of us have had the pleasure of meeting. If you missed the opportunity to meet Howard you'll have to trust us on this one.

We chatted a bit back stage about this and, understanding that there are various time periods of mourning based upon the status of the individual whom had passed, we decided Howard gets nothing less than full Presidential honors. 30 days.

So... (as I tear up writing this), sometime around Labor Day the old site will come back and our advertisers will get their banners back and I'm sure we'll still be shedding a tear or two-hundred over Howard.

We have good memories.

Thanks Howard.

Good on you Eric and others...you've pretty much said it all....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.