Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Say Hello to my new Little friend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
Ran into 2 of my buddys at the auction...one bought 3 cars and the other bought 4 trucks......when the car came up (near the end of the auction) I had one on either side of me, so the auction peeps knew I was serious about bidding smile.gif

Say hello to my new little friend......

GWN7
one more
markb
Hello, new little friend.

Nothing like having another project... welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
swl
nice score Bruce. From 20 feet she looks pretty complete and solid. Tell us more!
rhodyguy
looks good bruce. a runner? nice bumpers. i presume you were setting the pace. how many folks were 'chasing the bid' ?

k
GWN7
No compression on 3 of the 4, battery tray toast (I have spares), not sure about hell hole or the longs as it was late & wet when I looked at it. Drivers side rear quarter needs work and trunk hinge pin on that side is pulled out. Drivers door handle needed as some clown decided to pull it off at the auction. Odometer shows 52,000 but it's prob 152 Was silver but painted blue some time ago (prob when the quarter was repaired). It has some PO issues....like the front trunk is painted white and the nob for the headlight motor is red. (hey red, white and blue...I wonder where this car came from?). biggrin.gif

I bought it as if it was a parts car. When my son brings it home for me (he has my truck & trailer for the next few days) I'll take another look and see if it can be saved. I have everything it needs.

The only one bidding against me was a guy who buys cars for their weight value biggrin.gif

woobn8r
Nice score...was that a Canadian auction?

if you don't like it, put it on a truck to Toronto...I'll find her a home!

Cheers,

Sean
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

That really Pi--es me off, I never find things like that ,only other guys' sent to me looks to nice for you. But before you send it replace all that bad Canadian Air in the tires . Dave slap.gif confused24.gif
JPB
Makes me wanna two four of Labbatts and gets busy in the cold country my norther brother form another mother. Nice find and a little jealous right here ey? beer.gif
GWN7
So I've had time to look it over since my son dropped it off and then disapeared with my truck and trailer for the last 4 days and it looks like a keeper.

Meaning it won't be parted out.

I have all the parts to make it a driver again.

So I'm going to pull the engine, clean up the engine bay and then see if anyone is interested in it.

The bonus is when my son was bring it home he stopped at Burger King and a guy left a note on the truck asking if I was interested in a 69 911S. I just got off the phone with him and he bought the 911 about 15 years ago and it's been sitting in a barn since then. I go look at it tomorrow.

I should load the 914 back on the trailer and drag it around the city for a couple weeks to see what else I can find. smile.gif
markb
Another one saved! smilie_pokal.gif
tdgray
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Aug 13 2007, 03:04 PM) *

The bonus is when my son was bring it home he stopped at Burger King and a guy left a note on the truck asking if I was interested in a 69 911S. I just got off the phone with him and he bought the 911 about 15 years ago and it's been sitting in a barn since then. I go look at it tomorrow.

Let me be the first to say.... you SUCK... rolleyes.gif

Congrats... maybe two nice scores beerchug.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Aug 13 2007, 11:04 AM) *

So I've had time to look it over since my son dropped it off and then disapeared with my truck and trailer for the last 4 days and it looks like a keeper.

So I'm going to pull the engine, clean up the engine bay and then see if anyone is interested in it.

I should load the 914 back on the trailer and drag it around the city for a couple weeks to see what else I can find. smile.gif

Dude! Score on the 911 thumb3d.gif I want pics smile.gif

rick 918-S

Trolling.... happy11.gif

You could always bring it to me.. idea.gif
GWN7
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 13 2007, 09:50 PM) *

Trolling.... happy11.gif

You could always bring it to me.. idea.gif

Well as they say, when your fishing you should have the right bait. Match the hatch. biggrin.gif

I'd park it in shopping center lots in the parts of town where old tired 914's and 911's could be hiding in garages. Let the wifes see it when their shopping and think "my old man's got one of those sitting in the garage and I have to park my minivan outside" and so the hubby can see it on the way home. thumb3d.gif

Ok off to look at 911's.......I now have a 68 to look at along with the 69

Pics at 10
davep
It keeps getting better & better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.