Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennshift
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kojo2001
I am sure this has been discussed before but what is your opinon or experience with this upgrade?????

Thanks
BigDBass
Hiya,

The short answer: Just about everyone with a Rennshift seems to love it. Just about everyone that doesn't have one, wants to get one!

The long answer: Run a search in the Garage (where this message should be) for Rennshift and you will find several threads with feedback on it.

Also, I think there is a post in the Member Vendors area that also has info about the Rennshift and more customer feedback about it.
736conver
QUOTE(kojo2001 @ Aug 9 2007, 10:30 PM) *

I am sure this has been discussed before but what is your opinon or experience with this upgrade?????

Thanks

One of the best upgrades I ever did. Besides the 3.2 engine
jasons
I don't think you will find one negative review for it. I will say, if you haven't taken care of everything else (bushings etc.) in a sloppy shifting car, you will be wasting your money.
914nerd
It's well worth it
And this is coming from someone who is at least as cheap as the rest of you
Chris Pincetich
I realized last winter that my 914 was evolving into a weekend AX fun car, and bought a Rennshift before James raised the price $35. The 2-3 plane is soooo solid, and since most AX races are 2nd and 3rd gear for 90% of the course, it has helped immensely. Super confident 3->2 downshifts and 4->3 downshifts and never grind reverse on the 1->2 upshift. driving.gif
If you're primary cruisin, it might be overkill, but if you like pushing things a bit, it will almost eliminate embarassing (and costly) missed shifts. The bushing comment is right on, gotta have the entire system solid for the Rennshift to work its magic.
beerchug.gif
scotty
It goes to 11 -- I love mine.
smokey
3.2 / rennshift piratenanner.gif smoke.gif . not to many 07/08 cars can stay with me.. turbo 911 can get me . This upgrade is the bomb. Veteater
kojo2001
Thanks
woobn8r
QUOTE(smokey @ Aug 10 2007, 11:29 AM) *

3.2 / rennshift piratenanner.gif smoke.gif . not to many 07/08 cars can stay with me.. turbo 911 can get me . This upgrade is the bomb. Veteater

Can you run the rennshift/3.2/915/sideshift set up?

Or is that a cable application?

S.
HAM Inc
I love mine. A real quality piece.
JWest
QUOTE(woobn8r @ Aug 10 2007, 05:38 PM) *

S.

There are a few (non-cable) linkage options for converting the 915 to mid-engine use. They all use a 911 style shifter, and the 911 RennShift works great in this application.
woobn8r
Thanks James...

I'll have to research this more when I'm nearer to that phaze of my project...nice to know there are options.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

S.

QUOTE(James Adams @ Aug 12 2007, 03:34 PM) *

QUOTE(woobn8r @ Aug 10 2007, 05:38 PM) *

S.

There are a few (non-cable) linkage options for converting the 915 to mid-engine use. They all use a 911 style shifter, and the 911 RennShift works great in this application.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.