Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Head Temp Sensor alternative locations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Slider
i have a 72 with the stock 1.7 and FI setup. now if i am not mistaken everything i read shows the Head Temp sensor on the passenger side by the intake port. but on my car the sensor it looks like is on the drivers side and the wire is coming out of the engine tin towards the middle on the inside top (closest) to the top of the case. i have not seen this being done before i have recently acquired this car and have not had a reason to tear it apart. any help or ideas will be appreciated. i had some idle issues so i wanted to check it and to my surprise my car did not have the sensor where it should.

Any Ideas
Dave_Darling
Someone swapped the heads, and didn't figure it out until too late. It should work fine there, until it comes time to replace the sucker. At which point, you may even wind up dropping the motor... (Yeah, you can remove the engine tin without dropping the motor, but I have a real heck of a time getting that left side part off even when the motor is out!!)

--DD
Slider
Thanks Dave,

It looks like the sensor is the least of my worries i found out today that the PO was such a efficient person and decided the case bolts needed to be tighter and it looks like he killed the notorious center bolt just above the oil sump by the cam guide issue and it leaks like a siv i thought it was a filter or mount or oil cooler seal but after looking this morning ive found out it was the case bolt so now the car needs another motor or be rebuilt (neither which i have the money for at the moment) im just a poor student with two kids!.. ohh well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.