Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: patrick racing cable shifter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris Hamilton
I called the dude at patrick racing, but the instructions didn't describe the actual installation procedure, it was just two pages, one of which was a coversheet.

I'm stuck at a few points:

1) Where and how to put the cables through the body. Don't want to cut any holes that aren't needed.

2) How to install the clutch arm thing. It has a nifty pivot that apparently bolts to the bottom of the tranny, however thats about all I can figure out from it.

Anyone here got a 915 in their teener and would care to take some pictures or describe how they did it?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Chris Hamilton
Cmon dudes, don't you want to see this car at the local autocross when we're done? biggrin.gif
drive-ability
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Aug 11 2007, 06:37 PM) *

Cmon dudes, don't you want to see this car at the local autocross when we're done? biggrin.gif

Hello,
I don't think I can directly help you, however I have a cable shifter which I built for my 930 transmission. There may not be a set in stone way of installing the unit. Most guys don't use this system and so its likely your help is limited to a fraction of members. I spent a few minutes googling the subject and cam up with nothing as yet. I would think P.M.S would have a picture or two but you may have to make some noise.
Chris Hamilton
One point I think you might be able to help me with is routing the cables through the body. Can you take some pictures of how you managed that?
drive-ability
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Aug 11 2007, 08:53 PM) *

One point I think you might be able to help me with is routing the cables through the body. Can you take some pictures of how you managed that?

Here is a picture of my empty engine bay, you can see the two cables coming out of the fire-wall left/center.

IPB Image
McMark
Chris, can you post some pictures of the pieces? If you remove the center tunnel cover between the seats, you should be able to route the cables out of the stock shifter hole.
Chris Hamilton
As far as I can tell, only one cable will fit through the stock shifter hole, and there are three cables, one of which is a super thick clutch cable made of the same stock as the shifter cables.

I will take pictures and post up tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.