Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: exceptional design
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I was very very impressed today when the chief design engineer for the original miata project stopped in today to get parts for his son's 914. Besides making some comments on how well the car had been maintained in the past by yours truly organization, he made the comment that the 914 in his opinion was a car of exceptional design and functionality (to paraphrase)

We should all be proud to own such a car as these and be so passionate about their care and preservation
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 11 2007, 12:48 PM) *

We should all be proud to own such a car as these and be so passionate about their care and preservation

agree.gif

We can also be proud of the complement you received on behalf of the 914s' design by a noted automobile designer. BTW, was it either Mr. H or Mr. M?
SGB
The Miata is a good simple car- especially the first series. It is great to hear of a 914 connection!
smile.gif
Spoke
Cool. I guess after all these years the stigma of being an underpowered VW has faded and the car itself is a neat design.

If they only would have instituted a couple of small design changes, the 914 could have been really successful.

The 2 design changes that stick out for me are a plastic battery tray enclosure with rubber moisture tube running out the bottom of the chassis like on the Audi A6 and going immediately to the 2L engine and skipping the 1.7/1.8 engines.

Spoke
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.