Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Shelby Cobra experience!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
So I sold my 74 2.0 to Greg here in Corvallis! He is turning it into an electric car. I get there to pull my engine & what do I see sitting in the garage. Holy $hit! IT is a beautiful Shelby Cobra kit car. This sucker is beautiful & I just sat there with my jaw on the floor. I say to Greg you got to take me for a ride in it. He smiles & says when we are done I can drive it. That sound okay? HELL YESSSSSSSSS piratenanner.gif ! SO we pull the engine so I can take it home. I clean up a little & head back out to go for a drive biggrin.gif . First off it only has a Ford 302 in it. Well it sounds flippin incredible. He pulls it out of the garage & let's me get in the drivers seat pray.gif . Greg you are a STUD! That was the coolest car I have ever driven. It sounded just awesome & I had it up to 100 in holy $hit time. I flat out got to get me one of these driving.gif
Joe Ricard
I drove my nieghbors Superformance car. It is the 535 HP Cobra jet 460ci.
Unbelievable acceleration if you can keep it hooked up. Got it to 110 or so and it was all over the place. Probably alignment related.
Gave him a ride in the 928 right after that and showed him what fast was.
Never had the chance to scare the crap out of him with the 914 on slicks.
Allan
My ex brother in-law (really nice guy) is best friends with a guy that owns a company here in Cafornia that builds Cobra repro's under contract with Ford.

The first one I drove was powered by a 289 ford motor with Pinto (HaHaHa) suspension and brake components.

It would go fast quickly but was really hard to control at speed and stop.

The second one I drove had a 427 with mustang suspension and brake components.

It was wicked, scarey fast and actually handled fairly well but, stopped when you needed it to.
shelby/914
Click to view attachmentDidn't get to drive, but got a few fast laps as a passanger in an original one owner 427 at the old Second Creek Raceway in Denver. Thats my blue Trans Am clone sitting behind it. Took quite a while for the grin to wear off.
Justinp71
Does anyone have experience with a v-8 914 and a Cobra? Comparisions?
biggrin.gif
JRust
I don't have a comparison but I'd love to see one. Oh & for a mere $30,000 this Shelby could be mine! Anyone got a spare 30k they want to lend happy11.gif .

It was funny as there must have been some British car get together yesterday. I saw a ton of early little roadster driving around. 12 Austin Healey's in line going down the road. I saw more on the way back to Greg's house to get his Shelby. When I was driving we passed a few with hands a waving. aktion035.gif It was awesome
computers4kids
QUOTE(JRust @ Aug 12 2007, 09:24 AM) *

I don't have a comparison but I'd love to see one. Oh & for a mere $30,000 this Shelby could be mine! Anyone got a spare 30k they want to lend happy11.gif .

Totally Cool! The look fits you! Now go out and dismantle all your 914s and pull all the stuff out of your "parts cave" and get to selling it...youv'e got a few bucks to raise! driving.gif I'll be ready to see your new toy next summer.
brer
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Aug 11 2007, 07:58 PM) *

Click to view attachmentDidn't get to drive, but got a few fast laps as a passanger in an original one owner 427 at the old Second Creek Raceway in Denver. Thats my blue Trans Am clone sitting behind it. Took quite a while for the grin to wear off.

Look what they did to that AC!
oh what a waste.

biggrin.gif
Coy
Jamie, that car fits you perfectly! Let's see... and you drove an electric 914 race car? This was a five star weekend, eh?
JRust
I literally have no complaints for last week! w00t.gif That is a rare rare thing thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.