Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Three sightings in Portland today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Silver Surfer
First sighting in front of a cigar/magazine store in the Pearl District. Nice set up, Rennshifter, luggage rack, shiny bumpers... Anyone here? Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Silver Surfer
Another shotClick to view attachment
Silver Surfer
Second car was at the Oregon Electric Car car show downtown. Click to view attachment
Silver Surfer
another
Click to view attachment
Silver Surfer
last
Click to view attachment

The third 914 was my own but I'm counting it anyway to make 3. I was too busy driving to take pictures though... sorry.
rhodyguy
the green 74' was al blose's car. nice to see the new owner(s) enjoying the summer weather.

k
computers4kids
QUOTE(Silver Surfer @ Aug 12 2007, 01:08 AM) *

First sighting in front of a cigar/magazine store in the Pearl District. Nice set up, Rennshifter, luggage rack, shiny bumpers... Anyone here? Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Very nice car...greater portland has a lot of 914s buzzing around and most of them probably were owned by Craig (Camp914) at one time or another. I not much for the "luggage rack" look, but I must admit that one in the Pearl District looks pretty darn good.

PS Watch out for the guys in Salem, they're trying to catch-up with Craig on "I used to own that."
So.Cal.914
I like the Delphi green, classie color.
scotty
The orange one (Otmar's) is very quick...

Yeah, they really start popping out of the woodwork in the Portland area in the summer, don't they?

There's a gaggle around Multnomah Village...I met a the owner of a white 3.2 just a few weeks ago (you?)
JRust
Otmars car is very fast! I drove it this week & it is on Torquey cat. 0-60 in like 5 seconds. Definately felt a little heavy with all the batteries in there. He said it weighed close to 3000 lbs. Would absolutely waste me in a race though. Otmar's car is a sleeper though. It's so quiet you are floored when it just takes off!
Silver Surfer
Shit, that was Otmar's car? I read up on that car when I was first considering a conversion. Impressive. I'm surprised I didn't recognize it in person.

I almost would have guessed the green car was Craig being that it was parked in front of a cigar store. I love Camp 914, got to get out there again real soon! If I wasn't running to a lunch thing I would have stuck around to complement the owner.

It's always a thrill to see these cars on the street being enjoyed. Regardless of their condition...

My car, 1974 2.0 (soon with fog lights!):

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.