Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who do I buy steel fender flares from?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stephenaki
New guy here, I have looked at a couple of vendors that make steel fender flares for the 914, anyone have any recommendations? I have seen them on Pelican, GPR (GRP?) and Auto Atlanta. Would like some practical advice based on experience before I commit to the purchase.
scotty b
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=70677

that link is for a current group buy on the flares from AA. AA and GPR use the same flares and I would imagine that Pelicans are also the same manufacturer.
JPB
-Steel is original equipment.
-FG is good for racing where the fenders can easily be replaced

This is the time to jump on the group buy since the price is great. I have also seen some great looking cars with FG flares that show checking on the flares. This can disapoint one specially if the paintjob was expensive. I prefer steel ones since glueing on FG ones seems odd to a welder dude like me. I have the FG ones and will probably just rivet them on the outside of the body. I have a FG/CF project and now an all steel version is attractive.

Though one has reencarnated 914s in various configurations and is well on the road to perfect enlightenment, Carma is fully reached when all perversions have been eliminated and one's desire for a perfect and unmolested 914 is paramount in one's mind. Okay, don't follow me just yet for I am perverted. beer.gif
stephenaki
Thanks, if he'll ship to APO addresses I am in! Read a lot on the steel versus the fiberglass, prefer steel. Easier to fix if it gets a dent and much more durable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.