Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My car had kittens
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
Well, I was working on an electrical problem with my driver and decided I should check if there was any difference between 2 cars I own. They are both '74 2.0. Anyway, I've got the the cover on the car, it covers the cockpit/engine lid. I remove the car cover and there's a black cat, in the passenger's floor board. I open the passenger door and shoo the cat out the driver's side. That's when I noticed the kittens on the floor. I don't know how old they are, but I didn't touch them or anything on their side. I just unbolted the fuse panel. After I checked the fuse panel, I took this pic, then covered them back up with the car cover. It appears that they just recently started opening their eyse. Does anyone know what their age is and if the mother is going to abandon them?

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
JPB
Cute. Just for the record, if you don't get them out of there, its gonna smell like Cheach and Chong in there. Think milk fed kittens=PPpppptptptptpt + Wizzzwizzzwizzz. beer.gif
watsonrx13
How do I remove them? I'm hoping that the mom will move them....

I don't want to raise any kittens, but I also don't want to kill them unintentionally...

-- Rob
JPB
They might be gone tommorrow since you found the lair. She'll probably be back to move them. If not, I'd call a vet since that rural stuff just gets close to illegal now a days if someone knows about it. Good luck beer.gif
McMark
Mom will move them. As long as you didn't roll up the windows or otherwise 'lock' her out. They don't look like they were born there. Mom probably just moved them in there recently.
Joe Ricard
Well at least it wasn't in the grey car.
You need to bring them crazy weenier dogs by. They will run off everything including rust worms
Pat Garvey
Too bad you're so far away, because I'd take 'em. Kitty-less right now.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Aug 12 2007, 10:05 PM) *

No problem Pat, they're small enough to pack all 3 in the USPS $8.95 box... biggrin.gif

Just kidding..... I hope that mom will move them soon....

-- Rob
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Aug 12 2007, 08:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Aug 12 2007, 10:05 PM) *

No problem Pat, they're small enough to pack all 3 in the USPS $8.95 box... biggrin.gif

Just kidding..... I hope that mom will move them soon....

-- Rob

Rob,
That is SO insensitive! Little larger box & the mom can be included - you guys are so chintzy on shipping! Oh, did I mention that it should be shipped EXPRESS!
Pat
zymurgist
Just make sure you cut some air holes in the box! smile.gif
Zimms
Probably about 2 weeks old. If you haven't touched them, she should be back.
watsonrx13
At least with the cats in the car, they'll keep the mice and squirrels from making a nest with the wires.... smile.gif

-- Rob
Jerry
Porsches REALLY attract pussy!!
john grier
Why not just keep them! smile.gif
They already know what a nice car is. biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
I'd be concerned. They might be small and all but they somehow managed to yank your A-Piller trim off... mad.gif
Allan
chowtime.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Lest you forget, there's no such thing as a free kitten. I have 3 that were born in my Volvo 544. I took 'em home at 3.5 weeks, 'cause the mom moved them and dropped one into a box of parts where it would have died. We fed 'em with an eyedropper for about a month, and washed 'em off in the bathroom sink after every "feeding adventure". Did you know they make "kitty formula"? I now have 3 adult cats, weighing a total of about 35 lbs (2 at about 9.5, one a bit under 15.) It was pretty amusing taking them to the vet's last week, all in the same carrier. Talk about random motion, the thing just wobbled like one of those paint shakers. What with food, cat "trees", office visits, shots, and spaying/neutering, I'm in 'em over a grand in 18 months, and would do it again in a minute. (IF I needed more cats, that is.) 3 from the same litter is a whole different ballgame ..................

The Cap'n
scotty b
idea.gif
Coy
The other white meet.

Yum Yum!
ConeDodger
I don't think cats have a problem with you touching the kittens. birds do for sure though... The kitten formula is called KRM if she does abandon them... You should be able to get it at any feed store, along with a bottle. Don't wait too long for mom either, they need to eat about 2-3 times a day. Before you do much more than feed though, be sure to have them tested for Feline Leukemia. They usually don't survive for more than a few weeks if they are infected in the womb. If they do survive they often sucumb to a variety of Leukemia related illnesses. A lot of people will live trap mom and have her tested and spayed as well to keep down the feral population. Often they have programs to pay for the spaying and testing for feral cats.

I just spent $1300.00 on one of mine for kidney stones. He is pretty good about keeping you company while you work on the car though... He has also promised to rip a new tail into this red-haired b**ch if she shows herself around here ever again... Gotta like that. An attack trained cat!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(scotty b @ Aug 13 2007, 07:45 PM) *

idea.gif

I prefer chicken or "the other white meat". No hairballs, though the feathers are a bother. Wait, you're suppsed to remove the feathers?
Katmanken
Three kittens...

Why that's kitten Nine

Kitten One,

and Kitten Four

Name problem solved, get busy feeding your new cats.

Kennywhoendedupwithtwowonderfulkittensawhileback
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.