Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An electrical problem for the best.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JPB
Heres what I got; this is a 71. At the low beam connection on the light socket, I got 8.5 volts at the ground on the plug. I jumped from the battery to the low beam plug at the socket and got 8.5 volts. I went to the fuse box and jumped from the 1st fuse to the body and got 8.5 volts. As you know, the 1st and 2nd fuses are for the head lights which have the same voltage since they are jumped there on the fuse pannel. The right light is bright and the left light is very dim. Is all the power feeding the right light? I should have unplugged the right one and see if the left got brighter but just though of it. Does this ring a bell with anyone? The lights were fine a month ago and now they are funny. Bad ground? Got any idea? beer.gif
markb
Maybe the bulb is going (tho I've never heard of one dimming like that. They just blow). Maybe something to do with the switch? I'm just throwing out ideas. There is a seperate ground at each light. Maybe it's not clean.
JPB
I think your right because I tried a bran new light and got the same thing. I don't understand the 8.5 volt thing though. blink.gif
904svo
Check both sides of the fuses for 12.0 volts they get dirty and do funny things.

Also clean the fuses and connectors they plug into. As for the 8.5 volts check the red wires on the battery terminal that also gets dirty or has a loose connection.
JPB
Ya its gotta be a symple thing like that. I usually get all freeked out and think the worst but not this time. All its gonna take is a little golden nectar and semiconsious mind to fix this problem. beer.gif
swl
How bout corrosion in the bulb socket?

8.5 volts sounds awful low. What do you get across the battery?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.