Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: good news bad news
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
Good news, Engine bay and rear underside of car painted. Looks amazing save the numerous flaws in my personal painting skills. confused24.gif
Assembly of rear end started and coming along nicely, should be ready for the motor by next month (no promises)

Bad News, Had to remove the rear suspension to paint which meant it was left outside underplastic saturday night in a "rowdy" neighborhood. Well as you would expect someone thought the fresh lime green paint look too good, or perhaps thought I needed something else to fix, so they took their key and gave it a nice twist in the perfect paint of my front hood. mad.gif Smallish gouge but it still sucks.
jasons
QUOTE(brer @ Aug 13 2007, 10:09 AM) *

I needed something else to fix, so they took their key and gave it a nice twist in the perfect paint of my front hood. mad.gif Smallish gouge but it still sucks.

Thats F'd UP!

IPB Image
BMXerror
That's the kind of low-life shit that makes me hate mankind in general.... Just, WHY?
Mark D.
purple
To quote Pulp Fiction:

"Nothing's more chickenshit than f'ing with a man's automobile"
brer
I do not get it.

Maybe they were beat up by some Nu Ro kids in the 80's and the color still sends them in to some kind of rage?

confused24.gif
GWN7
Get a crossbow.....the neibours won't hear it when you get even. wink.gif
So.Cal.914
"No trial...No jury, straight to execution!"
Bogaat
I had a group of kids that used to kick my car every morning and afternoon. They ended up breaking my headlights and smashing my tail lights. I finally hid in the bushes and chased the little punks back to their house. Their Mom was less than happy and I called the cops. That 5 year old never did that again! I think the older kids would put him up to it every day coming from and going to school. If it happens again, it might be worth a wait in the bushes. Sorry about the paint man.
sad.gif
brer
here's what I was up to. smile.gif

I had to add a before shot for comparison. yikes.
brer
and by the end of sunday.......

brer
my jack point repairs......

(before and after)
brer
I'd say the color match wasn't spot on, but I used a single stage Urethane for the underside which is different and much richer than the expensive stuff up top. For the trunks and to touch up it will be a different story. It isn't as shit hot as some of the work i've seen on here, but for a street car i think its alright. Love the green with the black suspension.

Here's what I have to look forward to after the motor is back in..

brer
oh, I like the look of this one.
Lou W
Wow, your car looks awesome. Keep the pictures coming. beerchug.gif
brer
a friend of mine saw this thread and the paint color and was like...

"no wonder those cholos keyed it."

wacko.gif
markb
That is certainly.......green.

Keep up the good work. You're gonna have a nice looking car when you're done.
maf914
Wow! Looking good! smilie_pokal.gif

Sorry about the vandalism. ar15.gif

Thanks for the pics. smile.gif
krazykonrad
Looking great! beerchug.gif

Maybe you should introduce those ass hats to Mr. Remington! ar15.gif ar15.gif

Keep up the good work!
Konrad 72/4
sean_v8_914
whoever the hell conn'd you into painting all that green should be slapped...although I am sure you were a soft sell
sean_v8_914
PS. damn, that's sexy
brer
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Aug 14 2007, 02:37 PM) *

whoever the hell conn'd you into painting all that green should be slapped...although I am sure you were a soft sell

some of it is grey.
dry.gif

smile.gif
degreeoff
what color is that? Looks alot like mine!
thomasotten
Love the color!
andys
brer,

How did you perp the underside surfaces for painting?
I'll be needing to do mine soon.

Andys
brer
The color is a 911 color from 1973, "Lime Green". The original owner picked it to ward off his children after he was rear ended and the repair shop said there was no way they could match the Delphi Metallic. The color is what sold me on it so I'm just going with it.

Underside prep? dirty business old man. Lots of sanding and degreasing and sanding and sealing and painting and sanding and paint. I did the first 3 coats with a paintbrush, sanding inbetween each coat. Then the day before I painted I wet sanded it all flat again, cleaned off the wetsand residue which was a total pain. Wiped it down with cleaner and covered it all with a light coat of U-pol self etch primer. It looks good, but there are some little pits in the finish from moisture in the gun I think. Tiny pin holes here and there, not bad but still.
GWN7
Looks Great Brer smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Aug 14 2007, 03:13 PM) *

Looks Great Brer smile.gif

agree.gif smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.