Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brass Trunk Lock keeper and clutch cable pully?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
Well I know the clutch pully has been done but how 'bout the rear trunk spring keeper that is always broken on my parts cars. I was thinking of having these made for my car and wondering if anyone else thinks they are a good idea. beerchug.gif
Leo Imperial
Someone is making them. I'm not sure if it's here or on ebay.
Demick
yep, the brass trunk rollers have been around for many years.
hwgunner
QUOTE(Demick @ Aug 14 2007, 08:23 PM) *

yep, the brass trunk rollers have been around for many years.

Actually the piece that I am looking at making is the one that holds the spring on the pasive side of the trunk lock mechanism on the rear trunk. Factory is plastic and rides up and down the "spike" on the rear trunk lid and is always the piece that breaks. beerchug.gif
zonedoubt
Resurrection of this thread because I have the same question.

The plastic bushing that fits under the rear trunk lock spring is missing on my car. I have a feeling that if it was there, the release action of the trunk using the electric solenoid would be better. Right now there isn't enough "spring" in the spring to pop the trunk lid up when I use the solenoid.

Where does one get this plastic piece or has someone fab'd something to work? Anyone have the dimensions of this piece, I might be able to get something machined at work.

QUOTE(hwgunner @ Aug 14 2007, 08:27 PM) *

Actually the piece that I am looking at making is the one that holds the spring on the pasive side of the trunk lock mechanism on the rear trunk. Factory is plastic and rides up and down the "spike" on the rear trunk lid and is always the piece that breaks. beerchug.gif

davep
I made a few of them, but need to find out if they are durable.
zonedoubt
I'll test one out if you want. biggrin.gif

Do you have the dimensions?

QUOTE(davep @ Apr 7 2008, 05:11 PM) *

I made a few of them, but need to find out if they are durable.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.