Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Packwood National tour 914's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Joe Ricard
The only 2 teeners I could find entered in the event. So how come you guys didn't enter under XP. Didn't look but E-Mod should have a worser PAX.
Unless ya'll are looking at a softer class. blink.gif

Go get em guys driving.gif

http://ams.scca.com/netforum/eweb/dynamicP...38&class=EM
J P Stein
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Aug 14 2007, 11:21 AM) *

The only 2 teeners I could find entered in the event. So how come you guys didn't enter under XP. Didn't look but E-Mod should have a worser PAX.
Unless ya'll are looking at a softer class. blink.gif

Go get em guys driving.gif

http://ams.scca.com/netforum/eweb/dynamicP...38&class=EM

I'm afeared we are too light for XP. Won't know till we get an official weight at the
Tour tech.
Joe Ricard
That would totally suck.
What's the calc minimum weight for your engine displacement.

J P Stein
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Aug 14 2007, 12:31 PM) *

That would totally suck.
What's the calc minimum weight for your engine displacement.

IIRC, 1780ish.
URY914
biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
OK, just spent an hour reading through the Mod rules.
That rule set SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wings, no splitters, 1700 pounds.

About all you get is cage it as you see fit. and through as much horse power as you want at it. Tire are bigger the better.

I'll stay with XP. Lighter and probably a faster class potentially Now someone cut me a deal on a 2316cc motor.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Aug 14 2007, 01:55 PM) *

OK, just spent an hour reading through the Mod rules.
That rule set SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wings, no splitters, 1700 pounds.

About all you get is cage it as you see fit. and through as much horse power as you want at it. Tire are bigger the better.

I'll stay with XP. Lighter and probably a faster class potentially Now someone cut me a deal on a 2316cc motor.

Joe:
That's 1700 with driver (18.3.D.1). Spoilers & splitters are allowed....but no wings.(go figure)
J P Stein
BTW, Leeds Gulick & his 914 will be running in FP. Fordahl is not signed up to drive it.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 14 2007, 09:25 PM) *

BTW, Leeds Gulick & his 914 will be running in FP. Fordahl is not signed up to drive it.

I see that now. Good luck to the FP car but better luck to you two.

With driver? Shouldn't be a problem then. Just remember both of you have to scale the car after the run group is over then go back to grid and wait to be released to the paddock. I am fortunate to have my co-driver with me who has done tours and a few Nationals. I would have really screwed that up.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Aug 14 2007, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 14 2007, 09:25 PM) *

I see that now. Good luck to the FP car but better luck to you two.

That white car is the king of NW 914s (all Porsches, for that matter) AXwise.
We do battle........He has it all over us except weight. His minimum is about 2100 lbs without driver. Brand new R35As on the shitbox......flies stick to them biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
Yea R35A's are pretty cool. May the temps be warm and the tires be hot. Co-drivers will be the name of the game I'm sure.
Are you going to do the practice day?
This year coming up I am bringing more tires. Practice set and race set. and streets if it rains.
grantsfo
On a technical course Britain should be able to kill the Cobra. Should be a slam dunk if the car makes XP.
Joe Ricard
XP would require a lot of lead. slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.